Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

side jobs or servicing...

Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side jobs or servicing...

hey all my fellow oahu s2k owner's. taking a trip, and want to make it a little more interesting so i'm thinking of doing some side jobs to make a little more cash... let me know what you have in mind, and i'll let you know if i can do it or not. prefer to work on mainly HONDA's, but may consider other makes as well. so, hit me up and let me know. thanks.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by rnh8ter,Mar 27 2008, 06:52 PM
hey all my fellow oahu s2k owner's. taking a trip, and want to make it a little more interesting so i'm thinking of doing some side jobs to make a little more cash... let me know what you have in mind, and i'll let you know if i can do it or not. prefer to work on mainly HONDA's, but may consider other makes as well. so, hit me up and let me know. thanks.
are you bringing your own tools and jack? It doesn't sound like much of a proposition unless you are bonded and insured and have your own garage with your own tools. Many of us can get our friends to help for free.

I guess you can see if you can work in other garages for cash, but I assume you are certified. Maybe you can hit up forumshawaii.net and see if there are any people interested in your service.

Realistically, though, the only kind of cash jobs you will find in the automotive industry are car wash places like McKinley Car Wash. Make sure you bring some good sunscreens

Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by addisonc,Mar 28 2008, 07:55 AM
are you bringing your own tools and jack? It doesn't sound like much of a proposition unless you are bonded and insured and have your own garage with your own tools. Many of us can get our friends to help for free.

I guess you can see if you can work in other garages for cash, but I assume you are certified. Maybe you can hit up forumshawaii.net and see if there are any people interested in your service.
he's a honda tech and can do considerably more than the fluid changes.

if you get free oil changes from your buddies, then a simple "good luck" would be more appropriate here.

that being said, "good luck, kelvin"
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=kent-k,Mar 28 2008, 10:03 AM] he's a honda tech and can do considerably more than the fluid changes.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:36 AM

i need my spoon bump steer kit installed....
Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by addisonc,Mar 28 2008, 08:13 AM
But, you understand the problem here, right? If he doesn't bring his own tools and he is not bonded/insured, then his scope is very limited. Say I need my timing belt changed on my 01 Accord. Since he is a Certified Honda Tech, I know he can do the job. But, he doesn't have the tools to do it, and I don't want the liability.

My best advice is to hit up people in forumshawaii.net and hit up tuning garages like Vakamon (spelling?) or Sonic
wait so what mechanic doesnt have tools at home? that is a stupid assumption.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 AM

lol, thanks kent for the backing.

But, he doesn't have the tools to do it, and I don't want the liability.

wow, what a guy to make a comment w/o even knowing whether or not i have the appropriate tools to perform the repairs huh? i'm a nice guy, so i'll simply put it this way "addisonc", for your information, i am more than competent to perform repairs other than just oil changes. and tools, i'll just say this dude, my tool inventory is worth more than your s2k...

but it's ok, someone just wanted to help out a few fellow members here save some money, and make some for a particular reason. then somebody had to knock this thread by adding his two cents which wasn't necessary as kent had stated in his reply. so not cool...

i guess i'll stick to helping out friends and family when it comes to cars other than my day job... thanks again kent.

by the way addisonc, do you perform your own oil changes? and one more thing, do you own tools? and i'm not talking a screw driver and a vise-grip...
Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-29-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rnh8ter,Mar 29 2008, 01:59 AM
lol, thanks kent for the backing.

But, he doesn't have the tools to do it, and I don't want the liability.

wow, what a guy to make a comment w/o even knowing whether or not i have the appropriate tools to perform the repairs huh? i'm a nice guy, so i'll simply put it this way "addisonc", for your information, i am more than competent to perform repairs other than just oil changes. and tools, i'll just say this dude, my tool inventory is worth more than your s2k...

but it's ok, someone just wanted to help out a few fellow members here save some money, and make some for a particular reason. then somebody had to knock this thread by adding his two cents which wasn't necessary as kent had stated in his reply. so not cool...

i guess i'll stick to helping out friends and family when it comes to cars other than my day job... thanks again kent.

by the way addisonc, do you perform your own oil changes? and one more thing, do you own tools? and i'm not talking a screw driver and a vise-grip...
well FWIW.. my car has been making a squeaky/howling sound when I take off from a stop light.. just had the clutch replaced 5000 miles ago. but thats the only time it does it. if I turn off the air conditioner.. it seems to do it less.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:58 AM

Well, my clutch pedal isn't as smooth as before, especially when it's cold. And I'd like to change my coolant. I could do this on my own, but my back is killing me lately. If you're interested, PM me. If not, enjoy your stay.

Quick Reply: side jobs or servicing...