Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

soft top tear

Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me, fortunately under warranty. Mine was over the passenger's head, though. Looked to my right one day and was wondering why light was coming in through my top!

Anyway, they smoothed down a bit of the metal over on that side. I haven't noticed any more wear on it, but it's also only been less than a year.

-Matt
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe leaving the top down increases the chances of tearing as much as dropping it daily. dirt, moisture and consistently folded at the same crease may weaken the fabric.

i would say reinforce the commons rip areas with interior padding beforehand to prevent future problems.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

replaced my hard top at work, they warrantied it no problem. damn what a pain it was to put in. never want to do it again. tried to see if they would let me replace the black top with the acessory blue one, which is actually cheaper than the black one to replace. but no deals. but as long as i got it replaced. as for the svc bulliten, honda has updated it to include 08 and 09. also there is another bulliten for the soft top not folding down properly, where they have you replace the elcastic straps. they added part of this bulliten to replace the elastic straps in the svc bulliten for the soft top tear. if you have the tear at the front latches.
i guess it's part of the reason for the tear at the front latch and in my case the latches rubbing on the soft top constantly 24-7 because the top is down an the hardtop was always on. well my fix for the latches rubbing while the hard top on, i put some sitcky felt trim tape, stuck it to the inside fabric on the soft top right under the latches. latches will never rub the soft top fabric. will have to rub through the felt trim first which i can easily replace as needed.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was reading through the TSBs as well...i made a list of them that i want to bring into the dealership to see if they were ever fixed on my car...hopefully they can goodwill some of them...im sure you wont have a problem getting yours serviced at all ross either through warranty or goodwill