S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Arlington Ceremony

Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arlington Ceremony

Information for anyone interested or who would like to attend my father's burial at Arlington National Cemetery. Details are below as provided by the cemetery and my mother.

The service is August 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM.

Everyone attending the service must arrive at the origin 1/2 hour prior to the service with their own transportation.

Origin: Administration Building (ask the guards at the gate for directions)

We plan to have a small reception after the service. This will be held at the Women's Memorial from 4:30-6:00 PM.

The entire family looks forward to seeing anyone who would like to attend. I would once again like to thank all those who attended his memorial service in April and for those who gave generously to charity in his name.

Thank You,
John C. Weske
Old 07-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Virginija and I cannot attend, John, but be assured, your father will be in our thoughts that day.

I think of him quite often.

Our best to you and Bettye.

JonasM
Old 07-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

We also will think of your Dad and your family on the day of his service.

John is truly missed here on the Vintage forum.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 459 Likes on 271 Posts

We plan on being there.

Matt & Barbara
Old 07-11-2010, 01:18 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I plan to attend. Here's the link to the hotel thread I started awhile ago:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=797023
Old 07-11-2010, 01:32 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

On the Arlington Cemetery website (arlingtoncemetery.org), there are directions to the Cemetery/Admin Building. You enter the Cemetery by going up Memorial Dr, which is the road extending from the circle at Memorial Bridge (on the VA side) to the Women's Memorial at the end of the street.

"On Memorial Drive there will be a traffic guide who will be directing all traffic into the pay parking facility. If you are here for a funeral, stay to the right on Memorial Drive and inform the traffic guide that you are here for a funeral (please provide the name of the decedent to the guide). You will then continue on Memorial Drive. At the end of the street, turn left into the cemetery (if you are going to a service at the Administration Building)."
Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 459 Likes on 271 Posts

I did a bit of research using a combination of Ms Perky's post and Google Earth for some folks that are coming in from out of town to attend RC Ryder's service. Based on the location and bang for the buck it looks like the winner is The Virginia Suites Especially if one can make a 14 day advanced reservation (no cancellation allowed).

It is a seven minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro station which is one stop away from the Arlington National Cemetery. It is about as convenient as one can get to being in down town DC without paying the prices.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If anyone needs "pre-arrival" assistance or assistance once here, please PM me.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 PM
GX2

As a follow up and reminder to those planning to attend John's service at Arlington
Old 07-31-2010, 04:11 PM
GX2

As a follow up to those planning to attend John's (R C Ryder) service at Arlington National Cemetery -- Bettye has ask that I remind everyone that Arlington National Cemetery requires anyone attending the service that they MUST be there 1/2 hour prior to the service -- That would be 2:30 pm Friday August 6th - The service begins at 3:00 pm -- You MUST also have you own transportation throughout the entire service
When arriving at Arlington you must go to the Administration Building -- The guard at the gate will give you directions to the Administration Building
There will be a reception after the service at The Women’s Memorial from 4:30 pm until 6:00 pm
Bettye would also like to get a count of those of us from the S2000 community that will be attending -- So if you would please confirm your attendance by responding to this post or PM to me -- I am hoping that many of you will be able to make the trip
Gloria and I are planning to drive into D C Wednesday night the 4th -- Thanks to MsPerky’s suggestion and Matt in VA assistance we will be staying at The Virginia Suites
We look forward to see you and hopefully we can make plans for some dinner and adult refreshments while we are all in D C
Thanks
G

Quick Reply: Arlington Ceremony