S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The Ultimate S2k Floor Jack

Old 04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The DK13HLQ, available here;

Link removed by me because the UG guy is unreasonably uptight. (I'm being very kind)

Old 04-06-2003, 04:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the shorter version. Although it does not let me get under the front like that one, it allows use from the side in the narrow confides of my garage while the long version would maneuver well. Excellent quality but not cheap.. I got mine on a group buy and it still cost about $240.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:06 PM

looks like it won't clear the stock front lip? does anyone know if it does. i need a new jack, mine's all decrepid
Old 04-06-2003, 10:10 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

That has to be the finest looking/functional jack I have seen in a long time. Heck, it even has "Koni" parts A little pricey perhaps, but it all depends on how often you will use it.

Asif
Old 04-06-2003, 11:45 PM

Also, check out:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=40105

Little bit shorter, little bit taller minimum saddle (3.5 vs 3.1) little less maximum height (17.5 vs 20), little more weight (3000 vs 2800 lbs). A lot lighter (37 vs 65 lbs). And probably cheaper if you have a harbor freight near you (or you can pay shipping).
Old 04-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GaryRudolph
Also, check out:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=40105

Little bit shorter, little bit taller minimum saddle (3.5 vs 3.1) little less maximum height (17.5 vs 20), little more weight (3000 vs 2800 lbs). A lot lighter (37 vs 65 lbs). And probably cheaper if you have a harbor freight near you (or you can pay shipping).
Gary,
The saddle height isn't the problem with the HF jack, its the incline from the saddle to the handle, which is MUCH steeper than the AC jack. This keeps the saddle from reaching the front jack point by at least 8 - 10 inches, more if you have the Honda front lip. This incline also barely clears my exhaust (SuperSprint) when reaching for the rear jack point, it was a definite problem when I had my stock exhaust. The AC jack is also MUCH heavier than you stated, it weighs 90 lbs.

I also have a jack identical to the one offered by Harbor Freight. Mine came from Griot's before HF made them
available for much less. These racing jacks do not come close to the amount of clearance needed to reach the
front jack point, and just make it to the rear jack point. To raise the front, you either need to lift each side separately
or drive up on 2X4s or short ramps to reach the center jack point. While this isn't a big deal if your S is a weekend
warrior, I use three sets of wheels (my S is my daily driver: winter, summer, R-compound) and seem to be changing tires quite often.
Only having to raise the car twice as opposed to three or four times really makes a big difference to me.
The HF/Griot's jack is MUCH lighter and is great if you need to carry a jack to the Autox or Track with you (in your S).
I guess, for me, these two jacks make a great combination. But if I had to decide between the two, I would definitely pick
the AC jack. I actually wish I had found it first.

Regards,
James
Old 04-07-2003, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ReedZ
[B]The saddle height isn't the
Old 04-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Banned

I have the other Griots jack - the red one with the really low saddle height.

This jack allows me to reach the central jacking points. My car is on stock suspension and it clears the jack by a hair, but it clears it.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:48 PM

James,
I still have my HF in the box, and hadn't tried it yet reaching the front with it yet. I was hoping the HF would reach. The weight is what attracted me to it. It's shame that with the incline/weight it can't get in there. But for me I guess I'm going to have a problem with any jack with a lip and getting ready to install some coilovers...
Old 04-07-2003, 08:12 PM

I just got it today. You can't reach the front center lifting point without a little help from 2x4, but rear point is no problem.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate S2k Floor Jack