S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

8" Subs in Cabin

Old 11-10-2003, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8" Subs in Cabin

i don't know if this is possible or not.... but i'm wondering whether anyone has been able to successfully (hopefully economicaly) been able to fit 8" speakers within the cabin... or firing into the cabin of the s2.

i'd like to keep my trunk space as open as possible... and for possibly a 12 ...?
Old 11-10-2003, 09:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some options that have been done by others:

1. mount them in the floor - somebody has 10" subs under the seats, but it requires a good bit of floor and door sill cutting, more than I'm comfortable with. Probably sounds freakin' great though.

2. mount in the passenger footwell - two options here, mount it across the corner of the firewall and side, or flat like the existing angled "foot rest" area. This is what I and a few others have done.

I managed to fit a decent 10" and only lost a few inches of passenger leg room. See here for details.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:49 PM

I have a custom sub 6" JL bulit on the passenger side near and above the right kick panel area. The passenger doesn't lose any leg room and it really "pounds" for a 6" sub..
Old 11-10-2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by s2kmugen
I have a custom sub 6" JL bulit on the passenger side near and above the right kick panel area. The passenger doesn't lose any leg room and it really "pounds" for a 6" sub..
Do you have pics? This sounds awesome, but I can't quite picture it right now.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 PM

hrmm... do 6" carry a decent amount of much punch as the 8"s?
reason i wanted to put the 8s in the cabin is that i doubt i can vent the trunk effectively to be able to get the punchy feel of a 8 if it was mounted in the trunk....

i saw the install on the floor of the s2... i'm not really too keen on cutting the car up... eventhough i've been hearing that it won't disturb the structural integrity of the car.

but s2kmugen if you could post some pics up of your install that would be awesome
Old 11-11-2003, 05:36 AM

the 6" sub fires down to reflect the sounds ever better that anyone would think.. if someone can post the pics for me, i'd be more than happy to show everyone. We started to do an 8" in the cabin, but w/ the air space it'll need, it was going to be too big and too ugly to install in the same area. I"m really happy, actually extremely happy with the sound quality.

PICS COMING..

Current set up

Pioneer DEH-p650
XM radio
Focal 6.5 utopia series
PPI 4100, MONSTER!
JL 6" custom sub
Old 11-11-2003, 11:22 AM
R11

I've got a semi-custom sealed sub enclosure mounted up in an open space in the drivers side of the dash on my MR2 Spyder. It's got the JL 6W0 which is 6.5" and it actually fires upward but still sounds very nice. I was skeptical as well but you'd never know it was only a 6.5" unit. I'm in the market now for an 04 S and was wondering if anybody had looked into this possibility. I'll be interested to see those pics!

ron
Old 11-11-2003, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R11
I've got a semi-custom sealed sub enclosure mounted up in an open space in the drivers side of the dash on my MR2 Spyder.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:55 AM
R11

No, no screwing into the dash . It's a sub that was fabbed by a company down in FL called The Musical Touch and it uses existing mounting points for a couple other things that get relocated. It fires right up toward the top of the dash and it's actually pretty close to it as well.

ron
Old 11-11-2003, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by s2kmugen
PICS COMING..
Here's s2kmugen's sub:

Quick Reply: 8" Subs in Cabin