S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate Emanage Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The Ultimate Emanage Thread

I made this thread to help out anyone interested in the Ultimate Emanage. There is not a whole lot of info out there yet but a few great sources:

Mohd Parts <-- Software Downloads, Screen Shots, Online Manuals

Yahoo! Ultimate Emanage Group <--Message group with great support

350z Owner's Experiences

INSTALL
I picked my UE up for $499 shipped from Swerve Motorsports. I used a premade Ultimate emanage harness from Boomslang which made the install very easy. I mounted the UE behind my drivers seat:

JUMPERS
The UE has a lot more jumpers than the original. These are the correct settings:
JP1: OPEN
JP2: OPEN
JP3: OPEN
JP4: OPEN
JP5: OPEN
JP6: OPEN
JP7: 1-2
JP8: 1-2
JP9: OPEN
JP10: 2-3
JP11: OPEN
JP12: OPEN
JP13: HARNESS SPECIFIC
JP14: HARNESS SPECIFIC
JP15: 1-2
JP16: 1-2
JP17: 1-2
JP18: OPEN
JP19: 1-2
JP20: 1-2

BEFORE STARTING:
Before starting, download the latest update from mohdparts.com and update your emanage. Double check all of your wiring, connect your laptop to your emanage, and flip over the key (but do not start). Click on the Car icon and set your parameters by choosing the engine type: F20C, injector change (if needed), and which maps you would like to use. I used INJ, IGN, SPEED, TARGET A/F, COOLANT, INTAKE AIR, and BOOST. Click OK and give the engine a crank.

TUNING:
The log files and map trace are great to pinpoint trouble areas. I suggest hooking up a wideband to the UEM because it makes the data logs a lot more useful. Injector output and duration changes are directly controlled by the UEM therefore you no longer are "tricking" the MAP sensor output like the old blue emanage.

I used the Injector Map, Ignition Map, Intake Air Map, Auxiliary Output Map (Vtec), Boost Clamp, Vehicle Speed, A/F Target Map, and Acceleration Map.

TROUBLE:
I did run into a few problems and I am still trying to resolve a few of them.
1) The Ultimate is reading my Speed way off. It displays that I am driving 1000-4000 kph. I assume this is due to an input problem. I took the speed input from one of the ecu wires. The S2000 sends its speed output elsewhere correct? Where can I tap in to get a speed reading?

2) The Ultimate would not receive a coolant temp reading without causing my ecu to display 2 bars at the maximum. I have no idea why this is as the wires are just tapped in and not spliced.

3) The A/F Target map is a good start but not perfect. You must make multiple runs in the same gear and then manually "clean up" the adjustments. This is not a map that you run on a continuous basis.

4) From a dead stop, if I mash the gas, I run really really rich for a second. I assume I can work this out with the speed map or acceleration map but I have yet to try to fix it.

Well, that is it for now. I will post screen shots, install photos, and any glitches I run into along the way.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM

WARNING:
DO NOT connect the intake temp or coolant temp inputs to your ecu. It will F things up. I had some crazy things going on with my temp gauge and erratic a/f after revs and I sourced it to the emanage.

For some reason, the UEM subtracts signal that your ecu sees from these temps. I was reading 14-28'F intake temps and 133F MAX coolant. The temps would change randomly. Save yourself a headache and DO NOT connect your emanage to wires 32 and 38..
Old 10-25-2005, 07:45 PM

Were you using the original Emanage prior to the Ultimate? And if so, any MAJOR improvements worth upgrading for? Sure the Ultimate talks a big game but does it justify the switch?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chitah831,Oct 25 2005, 07:45 PM
Were you using the original Emanage prior to the Ultimate? And if so, any MAJOR improvements worth upgrading for? Sure the Ultimate talks a big game but does it justify the switch?
I have never used the blue. The UEM has a lot of new features but I am not sure if any are really worth the switch unless you are unhappy with your blue. Being able to controll your injectors without fooling the MAP sensor was reason enough for me to buy it over the blue. Also, the logging is great. You can pinpoint each point on the graphs and have it pinpoint which cell was in effect. I do not believe this is an option of the Blue.

My only advice is to wait on the UEM if your blue is working for you. This is a fairly new product and still has a lot of kinks to be worked out. I cannot use my intake air or coolant adjustment maps nor can I log these inputs without the use of an obdII logger. My vehicle speed map no longer works after the latest update.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 287 Likes on 266 Posts

Adding to the E-manage FAQ
Old 11-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Tried to tune my UEM yesterday and found that my VTEC Frog harness is wired wrong , should have ordered my harness from Boomslang. I was VTEC Frog's first S2000 UEM harness and I had a feeling that they would screw it up. I was throwing up code 1259 and one other. I think I will give up on the UEM and just go with the AEM EMS.

BTW, good to meet you Folex Hope you find a decent dyno tuner.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are there any new updates/ developments with this unit? Should I get the blue e-Manage or go straight to the Ultimate?

thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 AM

Yes, leave jumpers 13 and 14 set to knock input no matter what you have them hooked up to. Also, update both the software and firmware. Finally, make sure you enter the injector lag time in. It will make partial throttle driving TONS better.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by folex187,Oct 23 2005, 09:58 PM
1) The Ultimate is reading my Speed way off. It displays that I am driving 1000-4000 kph. I assume this is due to an input problem. I took the speed input from one of the ecu wires. The S2000 sends its speed output elsewhere correct? Where can I tap in to get a speed reading?
Folex,

did you get the speed reading right? I'm having the same problem while connecting the ECU directly to my Defi HUD.

TIA,

Andreas
Old 05-05-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the maximum injector size that e ultimate will support?

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Emanage Thread