S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pager alarm saves the day...

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Pager alarm saves the day...

So, I'm out shooting some pool at my regular hole-in-the-wall pool joint. It's been a week since I've parked the S for the winter, so relax, this story is about my 2000 Civic HB. Suddenly I hear my pager going off... I say to myself, ****, this never gives me a false alarm... Grab my keys and proceed to start walking to the exit, I take a look at the remote and it tells me the door sensor has gone off...

I get outside and run over to where my car is parked (in front of a rub-and-tug actually) and there is a car beside mine, running... I get over to my car, that car is slowly pulling out, and as I peek my head into my car I memorize his plate while looking through my hatch window... My rear seats are taken down, exposing my amps, cap and enclosure... My cap displaying a nice bright 12.4 on the lcd... Also, my gas tank was opened... I guess it's the guys signature...

Anyway, I step outside of the car, everything is there when the same car pulls up to me... Buddy goes "Is that your car?" I respond, "yeah, thats my ****ing car." ; "yeah, there was a black civic here with two guys, they were standing around your car...the lady even came out (referring to the massager girls)"..."oh, yeah eh, and where the **** did they go then?"..."oh, they just drove off that way"..."no ****ing kidding eh, crazy coincidence"..."you got a pager?"..."yeah, i got a ****ing pager"..."oh, sorry man"..."get the **** outta here"... and he drives off... anyway corroborated the plates and thats about it...

He did a clean job with the window and prying the infamous window tab to allow the window to be pulled back without even cracking it...

I wonder, should I even bother with Police? this guy definitely looked like one of those who do it for a living, he was driving some brand new looking burgundy car, and was getting on the cell phone as he pulled away...

So, pager alarms all the way... just don't go too far away- ha.

dk!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say DEFINITELY report it. You are an eye witness to him being there, and that's enough.

If he has any sort of record then it'll just support your claim. Definitely report it!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank your alarm and call it a day. You'll waste your time calling the police...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Nov 15 2007, 11:36 PM
I say DEFINITELY report it. You are an eye witness to him being there, and that's enough.

If he has any sort of record then it'll just support your claim. Definitely report it!
Yeah, I agree. The cops probably know who he is already, and may just be waiting for somebody to give them an excuse to pull him in. And even if they do nothing, what have you lost?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 AM

your time and faith in humanity when your local pd shows you indifference towards your situation.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should definitely report it. It's likely that nothing will come of it, but maybe you'll get lucky and get the one rookie detective that thinks he has something to prove and doesn't realize that he's supposed to be a worthless, donut-dippin', coffee sippin' waste of taxpayer money and he'll track the guys down and bust them.

But, unless you state that you saw them committing the crime (which you can't truthfully state), I doubt the cops could do anything anyway.... even if they weren't lazy pieces of crap.

BTW... did you talk to the lady inside the massage place to verify if she had gone out and seen a black Civic as the guy indicated?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you stood in front of the person who jacked your car and you didnt do anything about it?!?!?!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

i would report it. also post his plate on here. lots of desk detectives on here. i'm not saying to do anything but if something goes missing, maybe you could find it at his place.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by armeN,Nov 16 2007, 12:50 PM
you stood in front of the person who jacked your car and you didnt do anything about it?!?!?!!
What would you have him do... Get shot in the chest by a couple of car theives?

He did the right thing in this situation. Fortunately, nothing was stolen and by not escalating the situation he avoided the possibility of getting injured or killed.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 AM

But it still would be very hard to hold myself from reaching in his car and punching the shit out of him.

Quick Reply: Pager alarm saves the day...