Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Trades or Selling Complete 4.77 geared Diff

Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trades or Selling Complete 4.77 geared Diff

Up for sale is a complete rear differential which has 4.77 gears installed. Also included is the speedo calibrator to correct your mph after the gears are installed.

Many members on the south florida forum can vouch for me that the gears/differential are in perfect working order.

The differential has no whine compared to the 4.56/4.57 gears and they were installed by a local auto shop(MTS auto) which prior to my installation has installed gears on over 8 s2k's.

Gears are a great bang for your buck mod and you will not be disapointed with the added acceleration you receive with the gears.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLZpFWtI9Dk

For the city, they are great and make the car great to drive. Ive actually improved my citi mpg. Anyone who has been in my car love them. Also if anyone put rims 18 or 19 inch, this would be beneficial since your gearing, depending on the tires you used, changed your final drive ratio to a lower number which would cause your car to accelerate lower.

Fluid was changed at the 1k miles and at 17k miles with modil 75w-90w.

If someone is interested in purchasing these gears, from hardtopguy or any other person installed would cost you around 950-1300 depending on the labor. In this case, if you have a stock diff, you would be able to purchase this differential and on your own time install it and sell yours on the forum or an alternative website.

The install will take around 2-3 hours. If you would like I will be happy to include the a cd with the service manual detailing whats needed for you to complete the installl yourself.

Price I'm looking for with the differential with the 4.77 gears installed and speedo calibrator is $1000 which includes shipping. If you would like to purchase this without the speedo calibrator, then the cost drops to $970 . If you live around the Miami, FL area, you can deduct $60 dollars off the price since there would be no shipping. If you are paying through paypal, please include 3%. If anyone is interested or would like some pictures or more information about the gears, please pm me.

Thanks for looking..

Pictures of Differential:
Old 12-31-2007, 06:22 AM

Morning Bump...
Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 AM

HaPPY New Year BuMP.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much for the gears only minus the speed calibrator and installation? my car is in the other side of the world.hehe
Old 01-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Without the spedo calibrator, you can take off 30 dollars.

Not sure what you mean about installation. The differential with the 4.77 gears are already installed. So basically, if you would purchase them, all you would need to do is remove your diff, and replace it with this one. Then you can sell your diff at a later time or just keep it as a spare.

But without the speedo calibrator, your miles per hour will be off.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 AM

BumP....
Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM

damn if you were only closer
Old 01-03-2008, 12:38 PM

bump for good seller!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Thanks Crank...
Old 01-05-2008, 04:47 PM

Update::

Diff was taken out sucessfully. I will post pictures up tomorrow with the Differential in all angles so you can see the great condition its in.

Thanks CrazyLarry85 for your help with this. Really appreciate it..

Quick Reply: Trades or Selling Complete 4.77 geared Diff