UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Softtop sunday at Goodwood

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softtop sunday at Goodwood

I was wondering if anyone was going to soft top sunday at the goodwood breakfast club on sunday august 2nd...its free to go in and if you get there early they will try and park your cars in marque/model groups
just visit the godwood site and pre register
anyone fancy meeting up on the way?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 AM

its a possibility we are taking Doris and OB1 to this - where are you coming from?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 AM

I should be going down from Guildford
Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Yes I am planning a little forray to this one, although it may be a little busy that day. As the title suggests it's "Soft top Sunday" so that must open the door to lots and lots of cars. (Not only sports cars either).

Packman
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 AM

im coming down from hertfordshire...plan is to get there early and get my fry up!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
B B

Originally Posted by ian6401,Jul 6 2009, 09:24 AM
just visit the godwood site and pre register
Register by all means but it is not obligatory. If you have the 'right' car you will be allowed in.
For those new to the Breakfast Club, there is a Selection Process.

If you are in an ordinary car, or one that does not represent the meetings theme, you will be directed to the public car park in a field off the site.
If as you approach the entrance* your car is deemed worthy of entering the hallowed portals of the Goodwood circuit itself you will be directed into a car park within the site.
If your car represents the theme applicable you will directed towards the circuit itself, where further Selections take place.
You may be directed to park on a gravel surfaced area on the outside of the circuit, or directed towards an access point onto the circuit itself.
Here you may be Selected, or as in my case at the last Meet, invited, to park on the Finishing Straight by the Pits underneath the clock tower, and formated alongside other 'Special Selections', a mega pose believe me.
Or you will be guided right of centre stage, to park further down the race track towards the Chicane.
Or you will be Selected to cross the circuit and park in the in-field Paddock area.

The Marshalls have the final word based on their judgement and whatever their instructions are, so don't try arguing or you will just look like a desperate poseur.

I have attended almost every GBC, it's a great atmosphere, and even if the 'theme' is not your scene, there is always a superb variety of machinery that gets Selected to park in the 'non-themed' area.

* you cannot turn right into the entrance if arriving from the north, you have to proceed and do a 180 at the Rolls Roye entrance round-about.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by B B,Jul 8 2009, 07:25 PM
Here you may be Selected, or as in my case at the last Meet, invited, to park on the Finishing Straight by the Pits underneath the clock tower, and formated alongside other 'Special Selections', a mega pose believe me.
Bill, you're absolutely right and weren't the only S2000 on the track last time of course It did feel v. good to be selected.

Unfortunately I'll be away for the next one - but Soft Top Sunday is probably the best meet of the year - although none of them are bad due to the variert of cars you get whatever the theme If you've never been before and you're around - you should go!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B B,Jul 8 2009, 10:25 AM
.....invited, to park on the Finishing Straight by the Pits underneath the clock tower, and formated alongside other 'Special Selections'....
Get there early though if want the chance to park on the circuit......

Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 AM

How early are we talking?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:35 AM

About 7:30am

Quick Reply: Softtop sunday at Goodwood