Inland Empire S2000 Owners Riverside, San Bernardino and Palm Springs area S2000 owners discussions and happenings

Start Corona/Riverside Meet

Old 03-31-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Start Corona/Riverside Meet

I've talked to a few owners around the area who are interested. Sounds like we got a bunch of S owners in corona and riverside yet everyone around here has to drive 45 min to get to meet. Which is a bummer

PUT UR NAME ON THIS LIST IF YOUR AT LEAST INTERESTED IN GETTING SOMETHING GOING. I know i got me plus 1 more turbo and one SC driver who are down.

1. O5TurboS2K (Greg)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see 2 problems with this going on.

1. People are already strapped for time and money to come out to out IE meets and if they go to the "local" meet, they might not show up to the "official" meet.

2. The whole point of having the "IE Forums" is to be ONE group. Imagine the high desert guys, they come down ALL the time to the meets, cause they are a part of the IE chapter.

I welcome you guys to meet up and hang out, I'm not saying not to, but just make sure that you guys welcome anybody that want's to go.

Sorry I had to be a CO for a little. Thanks for your time and understanding in this matter.

Greg, why don't you come out to one of our meets, before you try and start some local meets. I don't think that many people know you.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 PM

Hmm i certainly hear that point of view. Thats true i don't wanna lower the turn out ratio. I'm open for anyone showing up, including Non-S.

I just talk to a lot of people around here who dont bother at all with meets since they'll have to always drive and the meets don't happen around this area in particular.

Maybe the meet could move this way on occasion to keep the corona/riverside people a little more involved.

Otherwise I think people driving 5-10 minutes for a local meet being their from this area shouldn't in general lower their turn out for the "bigger IE meets"

I'm of course always game for meeting up Whats the next time and place? I'll try to bring a few locals. Still i'd like to get a few around here into corona/riverside meets rather then nothing at all, maybe then they'll do the bigger meets as well.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:49 PM

wow. i wish it took me 5-10 mins. That has never happend. Ontario/rancho seems a pretty central area. Just come up the 15 to the meet this thrus.

Griffin
Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 AM

we did have a meet in riverside right by the Tyler mall. We try to be fair about it, but Rancho/Ontario is a central meeting place for everyone. I myself live in Moreno Valley and have never planned a meet here, cause I want to be fair. We will definately have a meet in the riverside/corona area.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:38 AM

hmm well thats good news then on both.
Thats really all i was hoping for was some at least occasional ones in the area. That'll make it easier for me to get others since it will sometimes be here as well.

Sometimes we'll have to drive sometimes people will drive to us.
Thats alot better sounding for sure
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 AM

we could have one of the weekly meets at the plaza on university by UCR? I believe they even have a bar there. The only thing is it would be hard to find ample parking there. Isnt fun when we arent parked together.

Griffin
Old 04-01-2007, 08:36 AM

if its like at the riverside plaza or something close i'd be down... i['ve ran into 05turbo a few times on the road....
Old 04-01-2007, 03:45 PM

i try to stay away from the university area by UCR cuz of all the street racing goin on down there .. i actually got pulled over about 2 weeks ago an the cop said i was a street racer an sh*t like that a gave me a hard time for not havin a front plate .. i just told him i was a show car an he let me go =)
Old 04-01-2007, 04:14 PM

sucks having to do all that talking, i miss my bike and not ever pulling over
I think running in the S is just too risky. ( But i'd hope that i'd be able to if i tried )

got pulled over for no front plate today, young cop rookie.

hassled me and let me go.

Quick Reply: Start Corona/Riverside Meet