Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !

Old 08-05-2017, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
You will need hearing protection with the Invidia Q300 and the N1 is louder! A buddy and I fitted Q300s two years ago and both removed them in a couple of weeks as the exhaust is painful (no exaggeration). Q300 was in excess of 105dBA on my OSHA calibrated noise meter.

Berk 63.5m high flow cat, Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust, and a Gernby FlashPro tune (VTEC at 3600 rpm) works wonderfully on my car. No need for a deafening exhaust. Hear any exhaust on another car before deciding. Sound clips are useless as the recording device clips the noise level and our computers couldn't reproduce it if they didn't.

-- Chuck
thats the awesomeness of being a member of a Forum, hahaha, a lot of experienced members giving tips that help the heck out of it !

Thanks a lot for the info !
Old 08-06-2017, 05:50 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

To emphasize "hear it in the car:" I bought the Q300 based on assurances here it was "not too loud" and "barely louder than stock." Not! A couple orders of magnitude louder than stock! I watched my wife grimace and put her fingers in her ears when she thought I wasn't looking! The drone between 3000 and 4000 rpm was also painful.

"Is the exhaust too loud for you?" I asked. "It's fine if you like it." was the response. This was code, of course, for "If you ever want me to ride in this car again you need to fix this immediately."

The Q300 was on the car 3 weeks only because it took a week to get the Tanabe Medalion Touring from the west coast. Swap took maybe 20 minutes once the car was on the lift as both are 4-piece systems. Getting the OEM exhaust off is slightly more difficult. See the Mighty Car Mods episode where they put a Q300 on their S2000.

-- Chuck
Old 08-06-2017, 06:41 AM

i have one 3" OBX in my Acura TL, Jesus Christ ! That thing with the windows closed at the highway is loud as heck !
When i said that i wanted the N1, was because the sound (on youtube, was the most clean and beautiful that i found...).

I saw a Tanabe video made by a buy that have a supercharged one, it sounds good, but also it is expensive, around $750.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Did some visual upgrades on it :

> Neo Chrome Lug nuts
> 4 brand new Toyo R888R
> LED High Beam
> plate holder on the tow hook

im very happy with the result, just cant stop looking at it !
Attached Thumbnails After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !-fullsizerender-4-.jpg   After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !-fullsizerender-3-.jpg  
Old 08-23-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clean car... and that collection of cars lol.
The following users liked this post:
Patrick_S2K (08-24-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
To emphasize "hear it in the car:" I bought the Q300 based on assurances here it was "not too loud" and "barely louder than stock." Not! A couple orders of magnitude louder than stock! I watched my wife grimace and put her fingers in her ears when she thought I wasn't looking! The drone between 3000 and 4000 rpm was also painful.

"Is the exhaust too loud for you?" I asked. "It's fine if you like it." was the response. This was code, of course, for "If you ever want me to ride in this car again you need to fix this immediately."

The Q300 was on the car 3 weeks only because it took a week to get the Tanabe Medalion Touring from the west coast. Swap took maybe 20 minutes once the car was on the lift as both are 4-piece systems. Getting the OEM exhaust off is slightly more difficult. See the Mighty Car Mods episode where they put a Q300 on their S2000.

-- Chuck

I know the feeling. I had a Berk single on my AP1 a few years ago. Was assured numerous times "You'll love it" or "Its the way the S2000 should have sounded!" about 2 week in, my wife and I decided it wasn't going to work anymore and went back to stock. I loved the workmanship and the quality of the exhaust, but it was simply too loud for a DD. I swore up and down I'd get another exhaust system when I got an S2000 as a weekend car...now that I have one, I'm not sure I'm ready for another aftermarket exhaust. Maybe stock is the way to go!

edit: nice car, OP! Congrats! I need AP2V3's so bad! Also...a Supra.
The following users liked this post:
Patrick_S2K (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
I know the feeling. I had a Berk single on my AP1 a few years ago. Was assured numerous times "You'll love it" or "Its the way the S2000 should have sounded!" about 2 week in, my wife and I decided it wasn't going to work anymore and went back to stock. I loved the workmanship and the quality of the exhaust, but it was simply too loud for a DD. I swore up and down I'd get another exhaust system when I got an S2000 as a weekend car...now that I have one, I'm not sure I'm ready for another aftermarket exhaust. Maybe stock is the way to go!

edit: nice car, OP! Congrats! I need AP2V3's so bad! Also...a Supra.
ive putted a HKS Hi-Power dual on mine a few days ago, im so happy that i can DD with no hassle about too much noise, maybe this could be a good choice for you !
After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !-img_2582.jpg
After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !-img_2583.jpg
After dream about it for 6 Years, got my AP2 !-img_2586.jpg

heres a short video on cold start, warm and a ride on the street.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

^^^ Good choice, great exhaust.