Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Bought my dream car as a young student! My first S2000!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AckCasual
Does anyone know how I can pm Billman for his TCT? Whenever I try to access his public profile it says I do not have permission.
Try posting in his thread and tag him as a user to get his attention.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys

IMO you're better off going black painted emblems like the cr s2000 emblems, than the black chrome that htg has.The difference on those from OEM is barely noticeable. They're way more chrome than they are black.

Last edited by silenc3x; 11-14-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silenc3x
IMO you're better off going black painted emblems like the cr s2000 emblems, than the black chrome that htg has.The difference on those from OEM is barely noticeable. They're way more chrome than they are black.
\
Yeah I'll probably just go to cheap route and paint the stock ones black.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
Try posting in his thread and tag him as a user to get his attention.
Since you're a new member I think you need to wait a week for PM ability. I think he can still PM you though.
I'll probably just wait a week or so, and if it still doesn't work then I will start taking more drastic measures to contact him.

I was going to go with ballade sports tct but after some research, everyone says their r&d is questionable. Same with their vtec solenoid gasket.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 PM

Received 617 Likes on 423 Posts

I'll probably just wait a week or so, and if it still doesn't work then I will start taking more drastic measures to contact him.

I was going to go with ballade sports tct but after some research, everyone says their r&d is questionable. Same with their vtec solenoid gasket.
The lower vtec solenoid gasket just stay OEM. The upper I believe is a Kraken gasket which is what everyone is selling, but I'm not positive. I ordered mine from SoS but I don't think their supplier is different. And good choice on going with Billman for the TCT. I read tons of threads and it's no contest. Bill has worked on, serviced, rebuilt, etc more S2000s than probably anyone in the world as an individual; once I have all of my parts together I'll be taking a roadtrip to go see him.

@Billman250 you have a customer sir, well 2 actually, I'll see about booking an appointment in the spring
Old 11-14-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by silenc3x
I'm not sure what to think about those, honestly. I bought myself a set but haven't looked at them yet. In some pics the difference doesn't seem noticeable at all, you're right. Unfortunately Deckoz deleted most of his pics in his thread but it showed him comparing the black chromes to what was on his car, and on his Spa yellow car the difference was very clear. Either choice is good, I think the black chrome tends to pop more on certain colors than others....or I'm just shot which is a very real possibility.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:10 PM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Is your TCT going bad though? A local trusty mechanic and forum legend Joey told me you don't need to replace the TCT unless the OEM one is going bad.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:13 PM

Is your TCT going bad though? A local trusty mechanic and forum legend Joey told me you don't need to replace the TCT unless the OEM one is going bad.
Apparently it's not a matter of if but when. It's good peace of mind and preventative maintenance to get it swapped out. Plus with the core refund and all that it isn't too expensive. A worthwhile investment imo; I'd call it a mandatory one for an Ap1 next to switching to AP2 valve retainers and putting in the updated oil jet banjo bolts if you have an early 02 or before.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:15 PM

I'm not sure what to think about those, honestly. I bought myself a set but haven't looked at them yet. In some pics the difference doesn't seem noticeable at all, you're right. Unfortunately Deckoz deleted most of his pics in his thread but it showed him comparing the black chromes to what was on his car, and on his Spa yellow car the difference was very clear. Either choice is good, I think the black chrome tends to pop more on certain colors than others....or I'm just shot which is a very real possibility.
Isn't it funny how little touches like badges can make or break the look of the car? At least for me, i'm sure it's just the same for mothers that know there is a stain on the couch that isn't visible to anyone but them self. We just pick things to keep us up at night I guess.

How do you guys feel about 210 - 215 psi on all cylinders for f20 with 95k, sound about right?
Old 11-14-2018, 10:21 PM

Apparently it's not a matter of if but when. It's good peace of mind and preventative maintenance to get it swapped out. Plus with the core refund and all that it isn't too expensive. A worthwhile investment imo; I'd call it a mandatory one for an Ap1 next to switching to AP2 valve retainers and putting in the updated oil jet banjo bolts if you have an early 02 or before.
I plan to track the car so 100% of my focus begins with maintenance and reliability mods. This means taking care of every preventative thing I can. I might hold off for a bit before doing ap2 valve retainers because I want to spend the couple hundred on the nice tools for the job. I will check them out this weekend when I do my valve adjustment anyway. So i'm assuming I don't have to worry about the oil jet bolts because i'm an 03?

Quick Reply: Bought my dream car as a young student! My first S2000!