Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Dream to finally become a reality

Old 12-25-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Dream to finally become a reality

Well, this time around I'm certain it will happen lol.

I came here over 3 years ago, young and inexperienced. I barely knew how to drive stick and had no job yet I kept dreaming that I would be driving an S. To make a long story short, I got a 93 vtec prelude and have been loving it ever since.

I have a stable job now and a happier life overall. But there is something missing in my life. No, it wasn't a girl, got that taken care of. It was the wider smile you S owners have on your faces.

As much as I love my lude, I felt now that I could afford a new car it was time to make that transition. I got my Prelude when I was 18 and it was one of the most exciting times in my life, but also frusrtating because I searched for so long to get a lude in good condition yet all I could find were base S and Si models. But I finally found her and spent quite a bit to maintain her and fix her when she was down, and believe me there have been lots of downs.

I know I wanted to stick with Honda, so the first car that came to mind was an RSX Type S. I've driven my friend's 2005 Type-S and it's pretty similar to my Prelude though a bit more fun to drive. My main reasoning for the RSX was because it was a lot more convenient than an S2000, mainly because of the space. I could fit more friends, I could help haul more crap for others.

But then a memory came floating back to me, I felt like an excited little boy and I just could not stop smiling. It was the time my friend got the keys to his sister's 2002 Suzuka Blue Metallic S2K. He wouldn't let me drive it but even being in the passenger seat as he ripped it up would keep my smile permanently fixed on my face. Seeing as how nice and breezy the night air was, he asked if I wanted to drop the top and as I looked at him my smile only grew wider, he knew what my answer was. At the time, I considered the S2000 a supercar. I knew it had no v12 or cost a quarter of a million dollars but I could sense the permanent happy glow it gave off when you were near. It certainly made me feel as though this really was no run of the mill sports car, this was something else entirely.

I thought it over and I plan on purchasing a new 2007 Grand Prix White S2k. I requested a few quotes from dealers near me. I've never bought a new car or any car for that matter on my own before. My dad helped me get my Prelude but I was curious on what the process was for your purchase.

I know I've got to sell my Prelude, which I am in the process of doing. I estimate to have about 8K to put down.

To be specific, I checked online for several dealers and their inventory had no Grand Prix White S2000s. Am I able to have a dealer order one for me or would that just cost me more ? Should I just keep looking around for the color I want, which seems to be pretty rare with the minimal checking I have done.

Sorry for the long post, I just kept typing and didn't realize which way I was going =P

BRIEF SUMMARY: Selling Lude to get a white 2k7 S2000

Thanks !
Old 12-25-2006, 03:13 PM

If you're 21 you should probably buy used IMO. You never know when you will need that cash down the line.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:23 PM

Well, I'll be 23 this march not that it makes a difference. But I understand where you're coming from.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:39 PM

Check back with the dealerships often and see if they have gotten a white one that you like. Or, ask them to do a dealer swap. Maybe there's one out there that you didn't know. Finally, you could always leave your info and have them call you when a white one comes in. A lot of them may want you to put down a deposit. I wouldn't do that though unless it's in writing that it's totally refundable at any given moment. Good luck.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:00 PM

just keep looking until you find the color your looking for.Never settle for second best...cause in the end you'll regret it.

peace
Old 12-25-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 21, and I have a 2006. I drove it off the lot myself without my parents signing for me. Don't let anyone deter you from your dreams! Do what you feel is right, and to hell with what others think is good for you.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:56 PM

Just go through the dealers' internet departments and work via email. If you buy before the end of this year, you might get one at or slightly below invoice. If they don't have a GPW in stock, they should be able to get one in for you.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:45 AM

It was my dream for 6 years since the release of the car. Instead I bought a GTI, then a little vert (Peugeot 206CC) and later on an Audi TT Roadster to finally get my dream. Spend a lot of money in the process, should have bought the S in the first place! I think that people should have quite some experience in driving cars before getting an S. 240 horses on the back wheels can be tricky. Although from MY06 the S has VSA! Enjoy it!!! When reading your post I see myself driving with that open air VTEC smile
Old 12-26-2006, 05:55 AM

well 8k down on a new car IMO is not a good idea. you will lose 6k when you drive it off the lot. my advice( as im not that much older than you) is to shop used ap2 if that is what you want. a good bit down like 8k will def make the note more affordabel. and you dont get hit with all that depreceation, that smile that you described has been on my face for a year now! I drive this car every day and am still im awe of what a fine job honda did. Get the car you wont regret it in the least bit!!
Old 12-26-2006, 06:10 AM

Maybe if you're lucky, Spirit Honda in El Monte may still have the GPW they were trying to get me to buy. It has the wing spoiler, side strakes, and front lip. There was another option on it, but I can't recall. They tried so hard for me to get it. I stuck to my guns and wanted a spoiler-less car. They ended up swapping out an Si to get the GPW that I wanted. So they still may have the other GPW sitting in their showroom. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Dream to finally become a reality