Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Finally Got One

Old 04-23-2019, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve typed an entire paragraph like three times and its not posting. But i took the car to Lundgren Honda in Auburn, Ma. Its actually a really nice dealership. I bought my Si there. The guy I’m talking about is just some meathead at the counter not a real texhnician. He did seem to know a little about the car we talked about it for like ten minutes. He dis mention a few of the technicians own s2ks as well as the owner of the dealership. I’m sure the work they did tdo to the car was done properly. I think he jist tacked on an extra charge to be a scumbag.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:58 PM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Trust -- but verify. Won't hurt to check what they used. Wrong differential oil has been put in by Honda dealers (ain't the same oil as the Civics use).

-- Chuck
Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 PM

I forgot to mention im in South Carolina for work right now so I have to way of verifying but I’ll come back on friday and let you know. Also xxylon, I had already been considering billman for a couple other things. He does soft top installs right? He only lives like 5 hours frlm me. I’d drive there for the top and tct. I’ve always done all the work on my own cars and this was actually my first experience with a mechanic. But this car is the most money I’ve ever spent on anything and I’m so scared to touch it.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don’t be scared to touch it, this car is actually really easy to work on. Sure, if something is way out of your realm of comfort then don’t but for basic to even a bit advanced stuff, it’s a very friendly car to wrench on compared to most.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:38 PM

Im in a truck driving right now so I haven’t actually looked at any turorials. I will when I get to my hotel though. Ive never worked on a car with a timing chain but I did replace the clutch and pretty much rebuilt the entire front suspension on my incredibly rusty 95 accord a few years back so I have some experience. But that car was also $500 and i was 19 with no money so I had no choice but to do it myself.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:28 PM

yeah it actually seems pretty straight forward and simple. not nearly as difficult as i expected
Old 04-23-2019, 06:31 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by z978
Im in a truck driving right now so I haven’t actually looked at any turorials. I will when I get to my hotel though. Ive never worked on a car with a timing chain but I did replace the clutch and pretty much rebuilt the entire front suspension on my incredibly rusty 95 accord a few years back so I have some experience. But that car was also $500 and i was 19 with no money so I had no choice but to do it myself.
You are going to love working on your S2k. It is a very well thought out car. It is very well designed and manufactured. It is a joy to work on. No one will take as much care for ordinary maintenance as you.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:59 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
You are going to love working on your S2k. It is a very well thought out car. It is very well designed and manufactured. It is a joy to work on. No one will take as much care for ordinary maintenance as you.
It is definitely one of the easiest cars I've ever had the pleasure of working on.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
This. Once you spend some time working on your S2000 you'll come to realize that the engineering that went into these cars extends beyond things like performance, and reliability. It is obvious that Honda took the needs of the person who would be working on this car into account as well. I especially love the fact that things in the engine bay are so accessible, especially when you consider today's cramped engine bays that are further obstructed by a variety of cosmetic covers.

Congratulations on the purchase!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 AM

Alright Im looking at it now. They put 0w-20 in instead of 10w-30. Ordered new oem filter through Amazon and it’ll be here tomorrow. Here are the trans and diff fluids they used.

Quick Reply: Finally Got One