Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Hi from Nebraska!

Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Hi from Nebraska!

After years of gawking at S2000’s at the dealership (when they were still made) and repeatedly looking over brochures, I finally have my own S2000! It’s an AP1 and it’s even better than I had imagined it would be!

I knew that I wanted an AP1 in Silverstone with black interior and very low mileage without modifications. I scoured Autotrader, BringATrailer, TrueCar, Craiglist, Ebay, etc. for months. I even thought I’d found one nearby but then it sold quickly so wasn’t able to get it. This made me even more determined so I secured the funding in preparation of finding a car. And then I found the listing. It was a 2003 Silverstone with black interior, 1 owner vehicle with less than 28k miles and no modifications other than rearview mirror (upgraded to Homelink autodimming).

It’s got some minor paint repair that will be needed on the front bumper. And I definitely want to get some better tires on it. Other than that, I’m planning to just keep it as is and have fun driving it!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:51 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Other than that, I’m planning to just keep it as is and have fun driving it!
Sure. A very slippery slope here!

There are reproduction 17" "AP2V1" available which will give you many more tire choices and not change the basic Honda styling of the car -- they fit without alterations and don't bring attention to themselves like many non-OE styles do.

-- Chuck
Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Welcome to the gang bang.

How bout' them Huskers? Hopefully Frost gets it back together.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 AM

Thanks both, I'm completely thrilled by my new car! Just like my Jeep Wrangler, I'm sure I'll be doing some mods and tweaks over the few years.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Trust me, you will be making up reasons to leave the house to drive the car.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:54 AM

My daily driver has been moved out of the garage. The S now occupies the spot next to my wife's GLI. It makes our garage feel much roomier with how tiny the car is! I have to say I've been taking it on drives every chance I get as IA-SteveB mentioned.
The mechanicals and top seem to be amazingly great shape. As they should be for such a low mileage car. The only thing that will require some attention over time are some minor dings and some paint scrapes on front bumper. I'll get to these eventually.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Lovely car. Enjoy. I have the twin. Shoot me an e mail - i have a question re the price you ended up paying.
Rest assured there are plenty of great 16 inch tires for those beautiful oem wheels you have. No need to spring for new wheels.

Last edited by rpg51; 06-21-2018 at 01:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
S2K_VS (06-21-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 06:43 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome
Old 06-22-2018, 07:09 AM

Thanks, I love the stock 16" wheels and have no intention of getting rid of them.

I would gladly message you but I don't think I can yet as my membership hasn't been approved yet.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:19 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_VS
Thanks, I love the stock 16" wheels and have no intention of getting rid of them.

I would gladly message you but I don't think I can yet as my membership hasn't been approved yet.
I just sent an e mail. Maybe that will work. Glad you are keeping the oem wheels. If you are driving on the street as opposed to track you might consider the Firestone Firehawk Indy tires which have a rebate offer right now that brings a set down under $300 at TireRack. I have not used them, but several experienced people here have and they like them a lot. Also, I am using the Continental Extremecontact Sport tires and I am very happy with them. If I needed a set of tires right now I think I would try the Firehawks just for a change of pace. Expect to get about 18-20K miles on the fronts and 8-10K miles on the rears. I usually buy 6 tires at once, 2 fronts and 4 rears. There are other good tires as well, including several extreme performance tires if you are tracking your car. I drive 100% on the street and imho the tires I mention are excellent for spirited winding back road driving. They hit the sweet spot of price, performance, treadwear, noise, for street driving.

Consider getting a good alignment when you mount the new tires. This car wants good tires and good alignment. Makes a big difference.

Last edited by rpg51; 06-23-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Hi from Nebraska!