Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

I hate you all....

Old 05-03-2006, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate you all....

Okay not really, but I am definately jealous. Every day I go to work, there is an S2000 parked near the back of the lot. Beautiful silver, perfect condition, and it makes me wanna get a lawyer on retainer for when I commit grand theft auto.

As for myself, I live in Minnesota, so a RWD roadster doesn't seem like the best only car. I wouldn't want to do that to an S2k in the winter -- that's not nice. I own an SRT-4 (NO! I AM NOT LIKE ALL THE JERK SRT-4 OWNERS. I hate them too -- give everyone else a bad name. I know my car is not made by God himself and handed down to every 18 year old who has just enough money). It's a fun car, but we all know it can't compete with a good light RWD car. I like autox (not a big drag fan) and the car is not terrible for it, but I want something better / more fun for summer and autox. My choices are down to a Miata and S2k. Miata pretty much gets all its points for $$ reasons.

I was just kinda hoping to get an idea of places to shop S2k parts. Coming from an SRT as I do, I have a bit of an adiction to mods. I would have no intention of going so far as to like FI or anything, but a little bit of suspension and exhaust work can be fun. Any webisites would be greatly appreciated just to get me started.

Anyway -- I hate you all.

P.S. Just incase anyone is offended by my facetious comments -- I will just appologize ahead of time and say it is in good fun.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:39 PM

Try www.handa.com I am also the owner of a perfect "silver" S, maybe it was my car you saw?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kingmotorsports.com
bulletproofautomotive.com

and be sure to check out the group buy and sponsor section of the forums... a lot of good vendors in there too.

Tim
Old 05-03-2006, 01:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Not offended

Don't al over the S2000, you'll get the owner
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Check out the site sponsors. Also, do some time surfing in the S2000 Talk forum.

Don't be a hater.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:23 PM

You hate us hehe j/k

Anyway, welcome! This forum is amazing. The people are really friendly and helpful. I won't be surprised if some of the people here actually know more about the car than Honda engineers do! And ya, check out the sponsor sites, they sell products ranging from OEM accessories and maintenance parts to hardcore JDM products. The Gallery forum is great if you want to know how things look on the car, etc.

Check out some of the other forums like S2K Talk, Under The Hood, Electronics, and some of the local community forums; those forums have a lot of info. The search function isn't the best thing on earth, but it certainly got a lot of my questions answered!

Lates

edit: as for mods, you really need some serious mods to have major improvements on the S. The car is really well tuned out-of-the box. The only thing you can argue is that it doesn't accelerate as fast as quite a few other cars like 350Z in a rolling start (though it should be close), and Evos/STIs on a dead stop, etc. I think that's just a matter of preference, and of course you can always change the final gear or throw in a supercharger to satisfy your needs for acceleration

I like the S alot because of the fun-to-drive factor and the handling. It's hard to modify other cars to handle as well as the S, and there is no way to dramatically bring the fun-factor to where the S is. However, you can always make an S go faster in a straight line
Old 05-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S2000 is actually not a bad car for winter, as long as you have proper tires.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy,May 3 2006, 03:39 PM
Try www.handa.com I am also the owner of a perfect "silver" S, maybe it was my car you saw?
He's apparently from minnesota

A lot of people have S2000's in places where youd think it was insane, but all you gotta do is let it sit in the garage until the weather is right!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tony drives his S2k all year round in Minnesota.

Depends on where in Minnesota you are... upper Minnesota can be very snowy.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by wildside50,May 3 2006, 02:36 PM
As for myself, I live in Minnesota, so a RWD roadster doesn't seem like the best only car.
The s2k is not a good "only" car for a lot of reasons, but it's a helluva great second car. The pros far outway the cons.

My wife and I own 5 cars and store the sporty ones in the winter. It's nice having the options available, but I tell you what... I am always looking forward (and finding excuses) to drive the S.

If you get serious be sure and do some comparison driving between the Miata and the s2k. If you're looking for performance, the S2000 wins hands down. IMHO.
-golfpro

Quick Reply: I hate you all....