Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Introduce yourself here! Part II

Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello - not sure if I should be replying or starting a new thread to intro myself (I'm not an experienced user of web forums). Anyway - I'm interested in purchasing an AP2, so have been doing a lot of research and watching videos etc. Found this forum and looking forward to engaging, learning and contributing. I live in the Detroit area. Thanks! Peter
Old 10-02-2019, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Blue AP2 S2K

Hello! My name is Antonio, I'm the happy and proud owner of a 5K miles, 2006 Laguna Blue Honda S2000. I bought her in November 2017 with ~43K miles on the Odometer. I like daily driving her here on the east coast, and going to Local Car Meets and race events. I currently live in Southern Maryland, so I'd be very enthusiastic about fellow S2K or Honda fanatics. So if you kn on w about any local Honda Clubs near SOMD please let me know.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:00 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Nice low mileage find....only 50,000 miles! Nice.
Levi

Last edited by NNY S2k; 10-02-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tony_S2K
Hello! My name is Antonio, I'm the happy and proud owner of a 50K miles, 2006 Laguna Blue Honda S2000. I bought her in November 2017 with ~43K miles on the Odometer. I like daily driving her here on the east coast, and going to Local Car Meets and race events. I currently live in Southern Maryland, so I'd be very enthusiastic about fellow S2K or Honda fanatics. So if you know about any local Honda Clubs near SOMD please let me know.
Typos Corrections from my original post...lol
Old 10-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

And here I thought you were a wo/man of sorcery...

Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Still a good find!
Levi
Old 10-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Hello! My name is Antonio, I'm the happy and proud owner of a 5K miles, 2006 Laguna Blue Honda S2000. I bought her in November 2017 with ~43K miles on the Odometer. I like daily driving her here on the east coast, and going to Local Car Meets and race events. I currently live in Southern Maryland, so I'd be very enthusiastic about fellow S2K or Honda fanatics. So if you kn on w about any local Honda Clubs near SOMD please let me know.
Congrats and welcome! Might want to check out the Mid-Atlantic subforum here on S2KI.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Hey im new to the forum, I own a 03 Suzuka blue s2k and live in the San Bernardino County area.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Default New member

Hi I'm John a new UK member
I dont own an S2000 yet but on the hunt
Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2002 Suzuka

So, this is my second first s2k. Funny little story of introduction. I'm Canadian, and have a fondness for long drives. In 2009, I had in mind that I'd like to drive the PCH in a roadster. I've owned a few... a MGB, a couple of Miatas, and a few American muscle beasts along the way. I decided the most fun way to do this would be to fly to LA, buy a car there, and drive home. I arrived in LA, rented a ridiculously cheap white Mustang convertible, and started combing through the local listings and criss-crossing the greater LA area looking at roadsters. As an aside, the dealers would advertise something, and I'd call to confirm it, and drive there (it's always an hour away in LA), and would get there to find the car wasn't there, but "they have this other one I might be interested in". In the end, I drove Mercedes, Fiats, Miata, BMW, and others, but never found the car and price, until I got bait-and-switched again. The dealer had a Z3 advertised at a great price, so I went. The "switch" car was a 2002 Suzuka blue with 47K on it. I'd never seen or heard of the S2000 before, but it won my heart and was priced to sell. I bought it and drove to San Diego where a friend had flown in to visit his sister, and a few days later, we headed up the coast for a beautiful and epic late-summer drive.

This is turning into a book. Sorry, there is a payoff.

My buddy fell seriously in love with the car, and convinced me to sell it to him. I only wanted it for the experience, so I sold it to him for a tiny profit and made farewell to it. He lived 1600KM away, so it really was goodbye. In the short time I had it, my then-neighbour commented that he and his wife were in love with it, and wanted to buy it too. Fast forward three years, and my friend wanted to sell it. I wasn't in the market, so I sent a note to the old neighbours, and they bought it. They kept if for 6 years, and eventually mentioned they'd possibly sell it. I had just sold a Miata I'd been tinkering with for a year (to that same friend from above, ironically), and had a blank spot in my garage. So, my car from 2009 is mine again.

It now has 64K miles on the clock, and looks better than when I bought it 10 years ago.

But, the good news is, it's now at an age where it needs a bit of maintenance and TLC, so I get to tinker with it a bit, which is a strong interest for my in owning things (playing with cars is almost as much fun as driving them).

So, here I am, where I will be whining about technical issues, and begging for advice on repairs, and complaining about long winters and cold garages.
The following users liked this post:
Quahogboy (10-23-2019)

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here! Part II