Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Look at me!! I'm NEW! (To the S2000)

Old 07-03-2017, 04:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's exactly why im fighting the urge to modify it at all. I realize right now and even years from now it will be most valuable low mileage and bone stock.

I'm not sure I've ever kept a car stock

i just enjoy giving it a nice functional stance, turning up the volume a little (maybe an intake or test pipe) and a nice list of OEM accessories, which it already had installed when new.

this is the look I'd like. (Sorry if I stole someone's photo!)
Old 07-03-2017, 04:29 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Your car looks stunning just as it is! If you're going to replace the tires, though, you may want to consider the OEM 17" wheels which get you lower profile stiffer sidewall tires. Finding genuine OEM wheels is getting difficult but there are AP1V1 reproductions for sale which have good reviews here from guys who actually bought them. These wheels and a nice set of "Max performance summer tires" will work well in Cincy. I just fitted Bridgestone S-04 tires to my car a couple of months ago. Very happy with them.

The car already has coil overs, nothing magic here. Unless you need to adjust the suspension for a particular race track an adjustable suspension can make handling worse than stock. Surprising as it may seem the Honda engineers designed the OEM suspension for great all around handling. Lowering the car will alter the handling and bottom out on every speed bump. A buddy purchased a lowered can and fitted the OEM suspension. Car handled and rode much better. Painting your brake calipers Red will not make the car stop better but they look crappy as they oxidize. I painted mine Black as I have no idea why anyone would want to show off their brake calipers. Of course some like black wheels too!

Intake and exhaust are common "mods" that yield minor performance gains. Only so much the OEM ECU can do. The ubiquitous K&N FIPK will gain a couple of HP and sounds good to me. A high flow cat will gain a coupe more but we're still in the single digit range. An alpha-hotel exhaust like the Invidia Q300 will annoy everyone but the stanced Civic guys at the high school. The Tanabe Medalion Touring is a better choice. This is all home garage work with common tools. Car will sound more "sporty" for sure.

Lots of time, though, your car looks great at is and no doubt handles better than you (or I!) can drive.

-- Chuck
Old 07-03-2017, 05:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts