Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Looking for Someone with an s2000 in my Area

Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Someone with an s2000 in my Area

Hello Everyone, Im Brien.
Im new here but will hopefully be here lots in the future. Over the past few months I'v done research into basically every roadster in the 20k> Price range, and as most of you can probably relate, I fell in love with the s2000. I'v been saving up for about 3 months and I already have 6,000 so far out of my 10,000 goal to buy a used 01-03 AP1. Its the fall here in Michigan and before it turns winter I'v been trying to find someone in my area that has an S2000. Since the weather has been good I'd love to meet up with someone that could show me around the car and possible take me out for a short drive.

Main reasons for this is 1. I'd like to See how the seats and headroom feel considering I'm 6'4 (I hear it may be a little tight) 2. Experience for myself what its actually like to be in it (I'v heard SOO many good things and I'm itching to see it for myself!) Iv only seen one in person, however it was in passing on the road... and I nearly died.

So if theres anyone out there around Flint Michigan that has an S2000 and can spare some time to meet up and show me around the car, I would be most obliged!

Im 20, and if you need any more info to who I am, I can give my Facebook, Youtube or whatever you'd like. Im new here so ill try to update my profile as much as I can.

Thanks so much!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome, Brien! You might check with the Upper Mid-West folks.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome, Brien! You might check with the Upper Mid-West folks.
Thank you! Should I post something similar over there to what I posted here? I didn't really know where to initially post this Topic.

Brien
Old 11-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

It's up to you. If you prefer, I can just move this thread over to that section.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome.

I would just copy/paste this into the regional forum appropriate.

I am 6'2" and the S2000 is pretty tight on me. Not much knee room. We're all different though so definitely give it a shot. If you fall in love with it there are ways to make a bit of room.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
It's up to you. If you prefer, I can just move this thread over to that section.
I think Im going to just do what AY_Racer suggested. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Welcome.

I am 6'2" and the S2000 is pretty tight on me. Not much knee room. We're all different though so definitely give it a shot. If you fall in love with it there are ways to make a bit of room.
Yeah whats what I'v heard. I also know you can get different seats and such that give an inch or two. that will definably be something I'll look into
Old 11-16-2015, 08:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BrienDude
Originally Posted by AE_Racer' timestamp='1447692607' post='23804736
Welcome.

Yeah whats what I'v heard. I also know you can get different seats and such that give an inch or two. that will definably be something I'll look into
Yup! BackYard Special makes lowered seat rails for factory seats. great modification for the tall folks. I have a buddy who actually removes his bottom cushion out of his seat for track days and spirited driving. Next time I'm with him ill snap a picture.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I replied to the one in UMW. I'm over in Ortonville and would be happy to let you crawl around it and have a seat. PM me and we can set something up.

Its in "storage" for the season otherwise i would take you around some of the local twisties.

-Ryan
Old 11-20-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.

Quick Reply: Looking for Someone with an s2000 in my Area