Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New 07' Owner

Old 12-06-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 07' Owner

Hi guys,

Just acquired a 2007 AP2 in Silverstone with 100K miles.
Only mods are an Injen CAI, DC sports exhaust headers and an aftermarket hardtop. I'm fine with these for now but would've preferred to start out stock. Mainly because it sounds a bit too loud for my taste.
Cosmetically, some chipped paint, some tears in the interior but overall not bad at all for what I paid.

I plan to fix the interior, do some electronic and get quick-release hardware for the hardtop.

I've got tons of questions for you guys, but I'll keep those organized in proper forums. Super excited to finally have something to work with after lurking on here for months, let's get to it!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:03 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Good to see another late Silverstone. Some shade of silver is the most common S2000 color but the numbers dropped off toward the end of production.

What interior?

Is the convertible roof in good condition? Hardtop just makes the car another coupe to me. Appears the exhaust is not OEM either as just headers and intake should not make the car loud. I personally find aftermarket intake noise pleasing as long as the exhaust isn't loud.

Tires are the critical factor in handling.

The 2006 and later cars are tuneable. Recommend the Gernby FlashPro tune. This is a road tune on your car. Takes a few days to exchange data and tweak things but you'll end up with much more mid-range power (and acceleration). This may need a high flow cat to get the VTEC down to 3600 rpm. Lots of info in the forum. I'm an advocate of this tune! And the Tanabe Medalion Turing exhaust for "gentlemanly performance" sound.

-- Chuck
Old 12-07-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Flashpro crew checkin' in. But seriously, welcome!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:41 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome y'all!

Loud is relative... My last car was a 4 cylinder as well, a 4 cylinder 99 Camry making 2 lawnmowers worth of HP. It's by no means unbearable inside, so I'm probably exaggerating. It's more of a tone change from stock I think. Just not used to being noticed on the street . It has a cat (that passes smog) and what looks stock catback.

Interior is black. Perforated leather has small tears and the steering wheel is worn, planning on getting that fixed sooner rather than later. I want to keep the interior stock, although throwing some alcantara in there is tempting, but you do one thing and next thing you know you're doing the whole interior to match.

Softop has two nickle sized holes according to the previous owner. I'm not sure if it can be patched or replaced at this point, but I definitely plan on fixing that this coming summer.

FlashPro sounds nice, but I really want to keep the stock cat, so I'm not sure if it's worth it for lowering VTEC by 1000RPM. Maybe the itch to change things will get me to do it in the future, for now I'm just enjoying pushing it into the 6-8,000 range and testing the limits of cornering, etc. Previous owner got new tires, nothing great IMO but I don't remember what they are exactly. I'll check when I get home.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 AM

VTEC hits at 6000 rpm. Gernby Flashpro tune VTEC at 3600. Big change.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 AM

Gotta change my cat to high flow or straight pipe for that right?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM

I think. Not certain. I have a high flow cat on my car.

-- Chuck
Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 AM

Right, I remember reading that taking VTEC down to <5.5K RPM necessitated a high flow cat (I don't remember the explanation, something about resonance in the flow). Funny enough, I went to get my smog done today and I got turned down because my Injen intake has the original D-476 sticker as opposed to the updated D-476-5 sticker. Injen is sending me the updated sticker which I can slap on right next to the original metal one and pass, but for now, I think I'm going to keep it smog ready. Thanks for the advice though!
Old 12-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Tires are Falken Azenis 245/215.

Since driving it for a week or so, I've come to realize that it suffers from some gear grind and notchy shifting. I'm thinking I'll change out the MTF and do a service on the shifter and see how it feels from there. Probably a good precautionary measure anyway, since I don't really know when it was last done or what was put in it..

Quick Reply: New 07' Owner