Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New AP2 owner from San Diego, CA

Old 04-26-2008, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New AP2 owner from San Diego, CA

Greetings everyone.

After having been a member of this forum for almost three years I figured the appropriate thing to do was formally introduce myself.

My name is Ling and I am from San Diego. I've finally acquired a GPW on red S2000 after three failed attempts in the last seven years. I had a long introductory post written up on about how it came about but my browser crashed taking the clipboard and post with it. Doh! Maybe I'll retype it another time.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a few familiar faces on here as this is my 8th Honda so I'm not exactly new in the grand scheme of things. If some of you are/have been BMW/Benz enthusiasts, I may have crossed paths with you in the last couple of years at European car events as a former M3 and current C55 owner. Dut and I are the primary administrators of myMBonline.com and we do attend the majority of events providing pictorial coverage for myMB and other sites. Hope to do the same here once settled in with the AP2.

My immediate plans for the car are to purchase a hardtop and OEM trunk spoiler ASAP. After I get acquainted with the S2000 aftermarket I will probably be doing some more cosmetic and suspension modifications. I've owned two boosted Honda's before so FI could be a good possibility down the road but, performancewise, it'll either be boosted or stock, no in-between. Dut will be assisting me with modding the car when the time comes but for the meantime, I'm just going to soak up everything about the car from him and the rest of the community members here on S2ki.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my post.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm also from San Diego but curently living in Washington. I can't wait to move back. San Diego is so nice, why would you want a hardtop in such a beautiful place?
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome ling! nice to see you on the forums
Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
AP2

congrats and welcome! are you a photographer too?
Old 04-26-2008, 03:18 PM

HI LING!! I thought you were joking when you said you wanted to be cool like me and pick up an s2k LOL you BETTER come out to the s2k meet one day we need to do a photoshoot lol I found a model for my car. Dut said he would do it hahahaahah jk
Old 04-26-2008, 04:53 PM

welcome man, and welcome to ownership. Post up some pictures of your rides man. Sounds like you have had your fair share of cool cars. Take it easy.

-Ian
Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by blkwidow
I'm also from San Diego but curently living in Washington. I can't wait to move back. San Diego is so nice, why would you want a hardtop in such a beautiful place?
I agree, San Diego has nice weather but I'm not really the type to roll around with the top down all that often. The hardtop makes it a little more difficult to just slit the soft top. Of course if thieves really want the car they'll take it but no reason to make it easier for them.

Hope to see you around when you're back in SD.

Originally Posted by silentdancer
Welcome ling! nice to see you on the forums
Thanks for the welcome TJ. Good seeing you on here as well. How soon before you get another S2k? What color this time around?

Originally Posted by AP2
congrats and welcome! are you a photographer too?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I try to shoot when I have time to but I'm really just a hobbyist with too many things to do with too little time to do them. Looks like there are quite a few good photog's on here as well.

[QUOTE=miss chauzilla]HI LING!! I thought you were joking when you said you wanted to be cool like me and pick up an s2k LOL you BETTER come out to the s2k meet one day
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Having a garage full of cars that are the same color always looks awesome. Very nice cars, and welcome to S2Ki.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 AM

Very nice stable you got there!!! Not everyone like to ride with the top down all the time. Hard or soft top, either way you have a beautiful S and I know you'll enjoy it. Happy driving
Old 04-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: New AP2 owner from San Diego, CA