Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New AP2 Owner in SoCal

Old 04-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New AP2 Owner in SoCal

So I made a post here few months ago about my plan to sell the NC Miata and get an AP2 S2K.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/introduc.../#post24132726
Well, that all happened and things are going pretty well. I have had my eyes on a stock 2005 S2K since February but the car was in Florida so I was a little hesitant to make the move. I told the seller as soon as I manage to sell the NC Miata, I'd see what I can do to get the car back from FL to CA. Fast forward to April. I finally managed to sell the Miata and this whole time the seller and I have been in touch giving each other updates. He reached out to me asking if I was still interested in April. I said yes but I told him that I won't be able to go through with the deal unless I low ball him few thousand dollars off of his asking price to compensate for the cost of shipping the car from FL to CA. He replied with a number in between. After some back and forth communicating, and lots more pictures and some videos of the car, I decided to fly out to Orlando, pick up the car, and drive it back to Los Angeles because prices for S2000 are pretty inflated in CA and I am pretty certain that I won't be able to find one with the right mileage, right condition and the right price here. So I flew out last week, checked the car out, and drive the car back. Pretty much everything went according to plan. I do have one disappointment, though. Since the car sat for a long time in a humid climate, the engine block has developed surface oxidation. I'd probably figure out a way to try to reverse that oxidation process, if I can at all. I wasn't too worried because the rest of the car looks and drive solid! After 2,700 miles across the country, the car hasn't burned any oil, and the oil doesn't even look dirty! After getting back from FL, the car sits at about 62,7xx miles!

Car after 2,700 miles across the country.

Getting it SMOG'ed as soon as I got back to CA!

And here are some pics along the way! I took a week to drive the car back!

Here is a pic to show the level of oxidation of the surface of the engine block. If anyone knows if this can be reversed, please let me know!
Surface Oxidation

I guess that's it for now. This car won't be my daily. It will primarily be a track/weekend toy. I will probably be at SOW with speed venture on 5/21! Look forward to meeting people and learning a lot on this forum!

Last edited by brianmonkey; 04-30-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Looks great man! Where in socal are you located?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by S2kJoshh
Looks great man! Where in socal are you located?
South Bay!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Default Clean pic after a wash

Old 05-09-2017, 01:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....