Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New guy here looking for guidance

Old 05-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here looking for guidance

Hello, My name is Ian and I am from Louisville KY. My gf has had her 2002 S2K well over a decade. She has decided to sell it as we have a 91 Isuzu Trooper, 89 Isuzu Trooper, and recently a 2017 Ford Explorer. She works from home and never really drives the S2K. 130k miles and is in great shape in my opinion however there are a few things I would like to address before putting it up for sale.

1) Dome lamp does not work
2) Cigarette lighter does not work
3) Wiper juice does not squirt

I have checked fuses and have followed a few of the recommendations in some of the threads here as far as cleaning the contacts and hat not.

So my question...

Where is the harness located? Is this something I can hunt down? Do I need to remove the center console? If so, What do I need to look for?

I imagine the cig lighter is on the same loom?

What are the expectations on the wiper motors on these cars?

I am eager to get these issues taken care of and am 100% capable. I do all my own work on my Isuzu's, everything.

Thanks for your time

Cheers
-Ian
Old 05-25-2018, 06:11 PM

" Knock, Knock "

cheers
-Ian
Old 05-26-2018, 04:16 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Center console pops out. Look in the library here. The "greasing the shifter" photo essay documents this very well but you can stop after the first step.

No cigarette lighter in these cars. 12v power/accessory outlet is fused and they're all labeled and the diagram is in the back of the owner's manual. Same for the windshield washer. Sometimes fuses look good but aren't.

Corrosion in the dome light is common. Cleaning the contacts cures most problems.

-- Chuck
Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Center console pops out. Look in the library here. The "greasing the shifter" photo essay documents this very well but you can stop after the first step.

No cigarette lighter in these cars. 12v power/accessory outlet is fused and they're all labeled and the diagram is in the back of the owner's manual. Same for the windshield washer. Sometimes fuses look good but aren't.

Corrosion in the dome light is common. Cleaning the contacts cures most problems.

-- Chuck

Thank you Chuck for your reply. We are eager to get this thing proper and to a good home.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!

Cheers
-Ian