Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New guy intro

Old 05-26-2018, 06:43 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New guy intro

I have a little over a month under my belt with my 2004 S2000, Sebring Silver and black, 46k miles, all dealer service. The car is bone stock. It was purchased new by a wonderful lady who, in her 80's, feels it is time to send it on to someone who will drive it more. I hope to oblige her. I am a retired mechanical engineer and a semi-retired United Methodist minister living outside Knoxville, TN, about 90 minutes from the Dragon. I had given up on finding a clean, well-maintained S2k at a reasonable price, and feel very fortunate to have found this one.

My first task is fluid changes, rear hub torquing, and tct replacement. Any hints on how to contact Mr. Billman? I saw one thread that says to "pm him" but I have not figured out how to do that. Embarrassing for an engineer to admit that.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

As a new guest on the forums, you will have a short time probation period with limited use of the system's features. Private messages (PMs) and profile access are disabled for two weeks to discourage spammers. If you sign up as a member, there is no time restriction.
Levi
The following users liked this post:
JulieU (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 12:11 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Welcome. I have a similar story. I bought my 02 s2k two years ago from a lovely 80 year old women. She was a widow. Her deceased husband bought the car for her new when she turned 65. Before that she owned and drove a Miata. The car had just 8.5K miles on it. She had pretty much stopped driving. It was kind of sad. She made me promise to take good care of it and I made that commitment to her. She told me the only thing she never liked about the car was the color. Her Miata was bright red. Her nick name was Flame. She was a vibrant 80 year old lady. When I went to see the car her son in law was there - he was doing much of the talking. At one point I was walking alone with owner and she leaned over and told me not to worry about her son in law, she said he was a real tightwad and that she and I would work a deal. Later - I e-mailed her to tell her that her son in law seemed like a very nice man and that all he was trying to do was to help her like any good son in law would. She didn't buy it.

Last edited by rpg51; 05-26-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

That's great you were able to find something to occupy your time in retirement. There is nothing better than spending time maintaining a car and then taking it out for a drive showing everyone your pride in ownership. I'm well known for not leaving the house unless whatever I am driving is spotless inside and out. I sure don't have a problem selling a car on since they usually leave me in better shape than when they arrived. I don't go through cars very often.