Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New soon-to-be owner (hopefully)

Old 06-08-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts
Post New soon-to-be owner (hopefully)

Hey everyone,

So I've been big into cars since my early teens. My first "sporty" car was an 11 Civic Si coupe which I unfortunately wrecked. When I replaced it the ever-aging little boy in me at 26 years old told me it was now or never for an STi, so I bought a 2015 STi new and drove it for 2 years. Some might find this ridiculous but I honestly missed the tame manners and sound of a stock exhaust Civic Si. You'll almost never hear that anywhere from anyone but I can assure you it's true. I bought myself a 2010 FA5 and sold my STi. I love the reliability and looks of the 8th gen Si, as well as the higher redline, it's just a great little car, and one I don't need to worry about nearly as much as my STi. It's stock and staying that way for daily driver's sake.

Now then, I've wanted an S2000 for a long time, and I'm kicking myself I bought an STi when I should've gotten an S2k. So here I am today primed and ready to purchase my first (and hopefully last) S2000. My definite plans are to enjoy it this year and then supercharge next year along with suspension upgrade and different wheels, but I prefer to keep mostly a stock look. Ultimately I'd love to send it down to LHT in FL and have them work their magic for me (love their youtube videos). It's going to be my garaged summer daily here in CT for hopefully 5 or so months out of the year.

Anyways the bottom line is this. The worst dilemma I face right now is having cash in hand and trying to be patient. I have my heart set on a GPW/all red interior, which was only in 2002, of which only 327 were supposedly made based on the charts I've seen, and who knows how many are still on the road today in decent shape. I feel like if I got ANYTHING else I'd just always be disappointed I didn't get exactly what I wanted. Please wish me luck on my endeavor, as I'm sure I'll need it. You don't see this infamous color combo pop up often. I'm ready to spring with a more than adequate budget. Car gods grant me luck!
Old 06-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I assume you have driven an S2000 to make sure it checks all of the boxes? I'd hate to have my heart set on a car because of its looks or a particular color combo only to find that it wasn't what you were expecting in the whole "driving experience."

Good luck with your search. I had wanted one since 2001 but it was just never the right fit for me either due to other interests in cars, money, family, etc. Now that none of these are an issue, it was time to check this off my bucket list. I wasn't as focused as you but I just knew the color combos I didn't want. I luckily found a silverstone and it was a color on my acceptable list.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buying a car is always a difficult choice and needs some certainty. So, once you've got some money in hand, then consider which car is best for you to use comfortably.

I really like the Honda S2000 lineup, especially the AP1 and AP2 models, let's try more. And hope that you will buy yourself a suitable car offline! Good luck