Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Poss. s2k owner, many questions (STi owner)

Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poss. s2k owner, many questions (STi owner)

Here's my story.....

Currently I own a 07 STi. I love my car, but due to a few things happening to me I may part with it. I don't need to get rid of it, but yet I think I should.
First off, I'm going to be getting a divorce. I think. She leads me one way and tells another. But, it looks grim. The Sti, reminds me of all the times we've had together. I also had an 04 wrx, with lots of mods before this, so subys are kinda our thing.
Second, I love the power that my car has. I will miss this with an s2k I know. But how bad is the power loss? I mean, I could also get an evo, but I am a little infatuated with the s2k. The looks and the ride was nice when I test drove a 02 s2k. But the power deff. lacking.
Third, I also love evos. I'm a old DSM guy, and having had a 2g eclipse spyder, I also like the top off. I love the AWD and turbo4 powertrain, but yet the two seat roadster appeals to me also. I'll probably be single, and this will be my only ride, is there enough space in this little car?
Fourth, I'm moving. I am currently deployed to SW asia (sandbox). But, when I get home, I'm retraining into a different job so I'll be going to a different base. If I should have to drive cross country, will this car make me crazy?
Fifth, mods bang for buck factor. The suby can get expensive to mod, but not nearly as expensive as a s2k. I guess the handling will make up for it right?

That's my dilema. Sorry for the long read, but I'm lost with my life and need something to focus on. Maybe a different car will help me with my loss. Thanks for any help....
Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Hopefully someone with an STi will chime in but yeah the tq difference will be pretty noticeable. The s2k is not easy to Mod and you're right it can definitely get expensive.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Anyone else?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:23 PM

Well, the S2000 obviously lacks a lot in torque, but it makes up for it in its looks, ride comfort (at least to me), and handling.

I can't honestly tell you whether or not you should get an S2000; just be warned that the S2000 is known as a p*$$y magnet.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM

LOL Thanks for the reply dude. I don't know if its this particular forum or what, but the other forums I'm used to get alot of replies right away. Once again thanks dude, and if there are any others out there with an opinion on my situation, please reply! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM

The S2000 is such a great car for me no matter where and how i drive it. Its not my daily, but even just driving to the store <50mph its a blast. The experience you get from this car is what I love about it.

(I came from an Audi TT quattro and wouldnt go back...ever)

Old 09-19-2008, 12:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want more answers maybe you should try posting your question under the "s2000 talk" forum, it gets a lot more traffic than this introductions forum.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:34 AM

I think if you decide to get an S youll want to look into boost pretty quick. I think the best advise would be for you to get ahold of your local S2K group and take a ride hopefully someone with boost will be able to help you make your decision good luck on your decision
Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 PM

I have owned two evos before my ap1 s2k. My first evo was a 2003 with a 2.3l stroker build and a 50 trim turbo. I made just under 500whp. The second evo I had was a 2005 with minor bolt ons putting down 350whp.
I will tell you, it takes some getting use to the power loss, but I don't regret it one bit. The S is so much more fun to drive and it still moves. My s2k is stock, minus the cat back exhaust, and I still find it to be a blast to drive. I have had it for almost 8 months now. The biggest down side is there is no cargo room in the car. So, if you do not have another car, it can be a little tight for space.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:50 PM

Hey thanks guys, I'll try posting in s2k talk. I appreciate all the replies!

Quick Reply: Poss. s2k owner, many questions (STi owner)