Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Potential new owner soon.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:09 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Escanor
Thanks for the replies folks. In terms of weather, I'm in England so mild would be the word. I take on board the break in risk with the soft top, easily solved by buying one with a hard top though. I run my own business and have access to larger vehicles if I ever need to move anything etc.

Car wouldn't be staying stock no, would like to do a few track days a year, so wheel's/tyres, coil overs, breaks at a minimum would be on the cards. That's another draw on the Honda, they are cheap to modify compared to audi rs cars at least.

Has got me thinking about different cars though, along the lines of 350z/370z and z4 maybe, although I've always had a soft spot for the s2000.
One of my friends tracks her 350Z and tbh she isnt a huge fan to the point she sold the car after 2 years of ownership and bought a Boxster S to track instead. I think the draw of the S2000, is the fact its a super solid car from the factory, both on the road and on the track. Only made better with mods. Then you also have Honda reliability, there are users here who are at 400k miles. And then yes the JDM aftermarket is way cheaper than the EDM market easily.

It honestly sounds like you wont have much trouble using this as a daily drive especially with access to bigger cars. Good luck on your search!
Old 07-12-2019, 04:56 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I wouldn't want to daily drive my S2000 but at 6'2" 220 I would say it bothers me less on long trips than most people my size report. I have a BYS seat rail which helps. I'd love to get the seat another inch lower though.
The noise doesn't bother me as I kind of switch my expectations to what I'm driving. I can drive the 5 hours to Tail of the Dragon with no problem whatsoever and really wouldn't have a problem taking 8 hours to the beach.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last japense car was a mitsubushi evo 6, although alot more practical than the s2000 obviously, it was still loud inside and had a shocking interior! Loved that car though.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in a similar position with a deal for an s2k in the works. I'm coming from a del sol with 370,000km and it's been nothing but reliable for 9 years. I do my own work and I don't see why this wouldn't be the perfect daily for anyone who has good wrists and can turn a wrench. I'm getting a great deal because it needs bodywork here and there which is something I have a passion for so dings in parking lots don't scare me either. I'm going to choose a gloss without pearl so it's easy to match if I ever get dinged parking because the university lots in these parts are full of broke kids who don't leave notes. I understand these things can bother you when you pay a premium which is why I prefer to own cars with more kms that owe me nothing in return.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by bradyn
I do my own work and I don't see why this wouldn't be the perfect daily for anyone who has good wrists and can turn a wrench.
I would not classify myself as the most knowledgeable or competent person to work on their own cars but I have been doing so for decades. I can say that Honda has seen to it that the S2000 is fairly easy to work on as most things that need to be addressed on a regular basis are easy to access, especially when compared to so many other cars of today.. This car was well engineered and that includes the way everything was laid out.

None of that has anything to do with the driving experience however. The no-compromise nature of the S2000 that makes it so fun to drive on a remote twisty road does not exactly translate to an enjoyable driving experience everywhere. Honda also could have saved additional weight and expense by not bothering to install a sound system in this car. I can't even imagine trying to listen to music in a S2000. The noisy, mechanical nature of the S2000 doesn't bother me when I'm driving the car, it is just something I accept. Other people have a much harder time with it. The reality is that people can daily drive any car including the S2000, but that does not mean that a car like the S2000 makes a great daily driver, especially in a congested urban setting. It is a subjective topic though and everyone is different. I commuted by motorcycle for a number of years and by comparison the S2000 provides a luxury-filled experience, lol.

Last edited by GuthNW; 07-14-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The other good thing is if after a few months the limitations of the S2000 are driving you nuts, you can easily sell it on for at least what you paid. I'd recommend living with it for a few months to decide before diving in on expensive mods as those costs will never be recovered.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The del sol looks pristine on the outside because of my bodywork experience, the interior is cozy but mostly dated on the inside. Leather rsx seats was a tasteful addition. The things people complain about the s2000 are all actually worse in the del sol so I can't complain ROFL. What im looking forward to the most is an updated interior. I have several playlists that take advantage of subwoofer to drown out many of the drive sounds lol.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
Will the S2000 be your daily/only car?

I love my S2000, but there is absolutely no way it can be my only car. Not especially if I am coming from something versatile like an Audi RS3.

(For reference, I have a bullet-proof Mazdaspeed 3 as my daily. If I didn't have that, definitely no S2000 for me)

So... Is this a switch or an addition?
I had a black 2011 mazdaspeed3 a few years ago. It was my favorite car i ever owned. I made a mistake when I sold it to buy a Ford focus St. I only had the Ford for a year because it broke down so much i had to lemon it.
Just bought an s2000 so i am more than happy
Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 PM

Also the s2000 is my weekend toy. I admitted defeat last year and leased a Buick suv as my daily driver. And didn't have a fun car until recently.

I absolutely love my s2000.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RACELINE77
I had a black 2011 mazdaspeed3 a few years ago. It was my favorite car i ever owned. I made a mistake when I sold it to buy a Ford focus St. I only had the Ford for a year because it broke down so much i had to lemon it.
Just bought an s2000 so i am more than happy
LOL thats super funny. I also traded in my Ford Focus ST for my S2000.

Quick Reply: Potential new owner soon.