Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

S2000 Resurrection - Sitting to Supercharged

Old 06-14-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Looks much better!

Plan on replacing the entire top. If you DIY, be prepared for a hell of a task.

I've used the following MTF's; Honda, Amsoil, GM Synchromesh, Redline MT90.

I'm running the MT90 right now, and without a doubt, it's the best in my car. All the others felt fine for the first few minutes, but once to operating temp, the grind would reappear. Honda and GM were about the same, and Amsoil was terrible (only ran it for a few hundred miles).

Each AP1 transmission seems to respond a little differently to various MTF's, so it may take some experimenting.
Ok thanks. Ill probably start with redline as their products were praised in my last 2 car communities (DSMs and Grand prixs)
Old 06-15-2015, 05:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was out driving last night. I thought of this thread and how my car shifts smoother now than it ever has in the last 5 years of ownership.

Again, previous owner thought the transmission was in need of new synchros.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking good already!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Great improvement, keep up the good work.
Levi
Old 06-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Was out driving last night. I thought of this thread and how my car shifts smoother now than it ever has in the last 5 years of ownership.

Again, previous owner thought the transmission was in need of new synchros.
I sure hope I live this scenario!!! Congrats on the longevity

Originally Posted by Mister Clean
Looking good already!
Thanks I just took out passenger seat and cleaned it up with leather conditioner and cleaned where the seat was. I also got the radio code from honda today since the battery died. I got a long list of stuff to do on this car but i love every minute
Old 07-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Time for an update,

So i bought a new hood, new rear bumper (to get rid of gouge left of the plate) and rear trunk lid because BULK BUYS! but it also is in better condition and has a spoiler.
I also changed the fluids, regreased the shifter, new air filter,cleaned the iac, did a map whack, ecu reset and a cleaned map. There is a whirling from the transmission sychro bearings, and i do get some kangarooing on a cold motor when shifting into 2nd but other than that a perfect car. If the deal goes through i should be getting an ap2 trans with 60k soon and i will be bring the car to my buddies body shop for the rust this week.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice
Old 07-22-2015, 04:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks SO much better! Good Job!

Funny that, while the transmission does have some issues, the car was is still drive-able. No need for it to be parked out in the elements. Terrible owner......
Old 07-22-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing progress! You're doing everything right! Keep it up and keep us updated!! Want to see this through the whole way.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Nice
Thanks!

Looks SO much better! Good Job!

Funny that, while the transmission does have some issues, the car was is still drive-able. No need for it to be parked out in the elements. Terrible owner......
Ya i mean mostly its just trans sound i drive it to work everyday and maybe 1-2 hours everyday just going through the fun roads in my town. Something i can definitely put off. But thanks i think it looks much better

Originally Posted by S2k90
Amazing progress! You're doing everything right! Keep it up and keep us updated!! Want to see this through the whole way.
Ill do that! i enjoy reading up on the responses and helpful comments

Quick Reply: S2000 Resurrection - Sitting to Supercharged