Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

S2K in my future?

Old 05-01-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2K in my future?

Hello S2ki! I'm Justin, I'm from Springfield, MO. I currently do not have an S, but have been a lurker on this site for years. My love for the s2000 comes from close friends who have them. Here in the near (or distant, as my wife says) future, I'll be in the market for a 04-05. Having said that, I've been a Honda guy most of my life. Made the move to other brands in past years with horrible experiences. The time has come for me to have a fun car. My current ride is a 2010 Acura TSX, with the K24. I also know quite a few S owners around my area including @JulieU :waves: Can't wait to be a part of the community, and keep learning before my purchase!

Where my love came from, @ntenseone from Springfield, who is a good friend of mine.

The daily driver

Got hit in the front, so picked up the Modulo (Sport) bumper. Slightly more aggressive than the OEM bumper.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome, good luck on your search. Seems we've followed similar car paths although I had a Gen 1 TSX. Normally I find after market bumpers tacky but that looks pretty good.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Hey, Justin!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch
Welcome, good luck on your search. Seems we've followed similar car paths although I had a Gen 1 TSX. Normally I find after market bumpers tacky but that looks pretty good.
Thanks! I debated on getting a 1st gen. But I needed an auto for the wife. I preferred the paddle shift of the CU2 chassis, rather than the stick manual. I hated the stock bumper, it was trashed from the PO anyways.

Originally Posted by JulieU
Hey, Justin!
Old 05-27-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmjustin
Thanks! I debated on getting a 1st gen. But I needed an auto for the wife. I preferred the paddle shift of the CU2 chassis, rather than the stick manual. I hated the stock bumper, it was trashed from the PO anyways.

get ap2 bro!
Old 05-28-2019, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jggysk2
get ap2 bro!
That's the plan, looking for 04-05! Going to be awhile unfortunately.

Last edited by jdmjustin; 05-28-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:56 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Like you I too have been a Honda guy most of my life. (My dad got me started early with a Mini Trail 50 back when I was in grade school.) You mentioned that you were looking for 04 -05 cars in your first post. That was my target range and I'm glad to have found one. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it happens for you. Good luck with your search!
Old 05-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Like you I too have been a Honda guy most of my life. (My dad got me started early with a Mini Trail 50 back when I was in grade school.) You mentioned that you were looking for 04 -05 cars in your first post. That was my target range and I'm glad to have found one. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it happens for you. Good luck with your search!
I hope so too, I would love to find a GPW that's not outrageously priced. But the Tan interior kills it for me.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Justin! I used to have a 2013 Civic Si and sold it over two years ago for a NFR 05 AP2.

You will not regret it man. There is so much Honda history in an S2000 and even more to appreciate when you own it. Best of luck in your search if you do decide to own one in the near future.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:46 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmjustin
I hope so too, I would love to find a GPW that's not outrageously priced. But the Tan interior kills it for me.
That's funny because the first time I saw photos of the GPW over Tan it immediately became my top choice. But we all like different things and fortunately Honda offered these cars in a decent variety of colors. I would add that holding out for what I wanted at a price I felt was fair did extend my search time and also required traveling 3 hours away to purchase the car (which doesn't seem too bad considering that in some cases people travel half way across the country to buy a S2000).

Quick Reply: S2K in my future?