Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

S2K owner soon! (hopefully)

Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2K owner soon! (hopefully)

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking here for a good couple weeks now, finally came around to registering. I'm hoping to own an S2K soon, just having a little trouble finding the right one.

I've test driven a few S2000's and this car feels like nothing I've driven before. It's a pure driving experience. Like many, I've come from a history of Civics and Integras, so I decided to get an S2K because it's arguably the most reliable and affordable sports car you can get.

Anyway, I hope I get one soon. I look forward to learning alot here, and contributing down the road.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool... welcome to the site.
do you know what year and color you looking for?any mods in mind?
goodluck.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on your search. Hopefully you find the one that your looking for
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kid Ap2000,Jul 27 2010, 05:52 PM
cool... welcome to the site.
do you know what year and color you looking for?any mods in mind?
goodluck.
I'm not too picky. I'm just looking for one under 75K miles, with a clean title and healthy motor, for around blue book pricing, and preferably not Yellow (no offense to Yellow owners, but I already had a yellow EK back in the day).

I'll probably do some light modding.. coilovers and some nice wide 17's (I've been drooling over that that 949Racing thread) when the tires need replacing. The car will be a DD, and hopefully I'll do some AutoX and track days in the future.

I just test drove a pristine-looking, stock black AP2 with decent miles over the weekend. We had it compression tested and cyl#4 was low, we had it leakdown tested and the intake valves were done for! I was about ready to drive that one home too!

It's cool, they say patience is a virtue.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

You are absolutely right about being patient. I'd waited & dreamed of owning one for 7 years b4 finally buying my CR. I'd almost bought a 2007 silverstone but was already sold by the time I had the $. The salesman told me that it wasn't meant to be & I guess he was right because I'd always wanted a BB S(especially the CR). Now I have my dream(affordable) car sitting in my garage. Good luck in your search for the S!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by seoulbro,Jul 27 2010, 07:33 PM
You are absolutely right about being patient. I'd waited & dreamed of owning one for 7 years b4 finally buying my CR. I'd almost bought a 2007 silverstone but was already sold by the time I had the $. The salesman told me that it wasn't meant to be & I guess he was right because I'd always wanted a BB S(especially the CR). Now I have my dream(affordable) car sitting in my garage. Good luck in your search for the S!
Cool car man! Yeah, I think I want BB the most too, but I'd be happy with any color really.

I think you made a smart buy with the CR too. 10 years from now, I believe clean S2000's will hold their value pretty well, kind of like babied 240's and genII MR2's have in this decade. Your CR will be quite a rarity because of it's limited production run. Congrats!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for your kind words. I can't be happier with my CR. I still have yet to see another CR on the road besides meets. I am a little jealous though whenever I see other S owners being able to put the top down with a press of a button. For me, it was a small price to pay to own a limited factory tuned S. I wish you the best of luck in finding your dream S.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:43 PM

I need some advice guys.

It's been a real struggle trying to pick up a decent S2K. Either the sellers are asking a couple thousand over blue book value and won't budge, or the reasonably priced ones are getting swooped up before I can even get a smog/compression test appointment setup.

I just had a guy post one up at 1am last night at KBB value, I called him this morning when I woke up and it had already been sold. It's ridiculous.

Did any of you buy your S2000 for over blue book value (private party)? I don't want to feel like I got ripped off. Does the market (Northern California) make it more difficult to get these at market value?