Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

So very addicted that i just bought my 2nd S2000!

Old 03-30-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile So very addicted that i just bought my 2nd S2000!

Hi all!!

Just bought my second S2000; a my2004 AP1 (euro) in Sexy Suzuka over black, after spending months searching for one!

I'd had one when I lived in Miami, Florida, some years ago (had an account with the name FoxyBlueRoxy, but darned if i remember the password!) and traded it with a friend for a 1988 BMW M5 and some cash. Loved that M5 but i never forgot my girl Roxy!

I moved back to Europe two years ago and the thoughts started creeping into my head once again that i might need to hear that scream of 9k again....

And then two weeks ago, as i'm getting more information about both a Black and a blue ap1 that popped up for sale a few hours away, i hear from the guy that there is a Suzy Blue AP1 coming in that evening, to be cleaned and put on the showroom floor.
So naturally i bribed a friend with strong coffee so he could meet me at 530am and drive me up there to have a look the moment the doors opened. The sales team had no idea what was going on. The sun had barely risen.
I shopped the car, drove the car, 9k'ed the car once warm, and put it through it's S2k paces, and I BOUGHT IT!

A 2004 Suzuka Blue AP1 with black interior, 82,000 original KMs (just shy of 51k miles) and documentation (car moved to Greece and back with it's first owner!) came up for sale near me and i am so very proud to own that car now! She's sat for a little bit before the former owner decided to sell, so the price actually worked out nicely considering it's all aesthetics except the tires are rotten and the brake rotors need to be changed along with fluids and the usual.

Just got her home, on her (IMHO) awful and heavy Voltec wheels, and crap tires (old Fuldas, anyone?)

Road salts and sitting in a warehouse before being brought to the dealer haven't been kind to the surface of these parts.... and the tires were TRULY GARBAGE, aside from the camber being set way over negative on the rears.... all on the list of things to rectify!

One of the only other mods on car; Tein coilovers. i have no experience with them, but i know the brand and these do ride quite nicely for the moment.

The third and final mod on the car was this "racing filter" that had literally separated from it's glue-on base. the stock airbox was also cut slightly for a snorkel, i think. time for a CAI...

First parts order: Injen CAI, Stoptech rotors and pads all around, Invidia GT300 catback (WAAAAY too loud... is this the new N1 system or something?!?), Hardrace axle spacers (on sale, i want them for later) and a BLOX countersunk shiftknob. Because i love that shiftknob.

SELFIE IN THE NEW CAR! also yes, the car has the OEM radio, and a six-disc OEM changer in the trunk. how rare of an option was that? anyone know?

Stoptech parts, and some high-heat paint with the old pads still in. i should of cleaned them better but it came out just fine imho!
I also cleaned off all the surface rust and treated the Arms to a nice coat of black protectant paint. little overspray can be cleaned up!

17x8 Rota GRIDs, wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1s in 215/45/17 front, 17x9 with 245/40/17s in the rear.

Sexy Sky Blue...

My homie-with-the-blurred-face sorting out the alignment for me, while i glare at the too-loud Invidia system, heat-painted black for stealth reasons

Thats where we found it.... wrong.

And thats the car today!

I'm picking up a Japspeed exhaust tomorrow to have a try, before i go order something insane (no-one stocks auto parts like American parts stores... i miss it there sometimes!) so i hope that diminishes the drone, as i do already DD this car, and my neighbours are really too nice to me and they don't deserve this

I'm so happy to be back behind the wheel of an S2k, and a Suzuka Blue one at that!!

anyway, thats me and the car lol, thanks for reading!
The following users liked this post:
dwb993 (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Suzuka Blue wasn't my favorite color but with the blue top and those black wheels I'm starting to reconsider. Looks really good like that!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 04-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back! Awesome additions so far