Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Want an S2K CR

Old 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want an S2K CR

Hello everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself--I'm a car nut by nature and have narrowed down my decision for my (hopefully) mid-life crisis car. My father had a corvette shop for 30 years so I grew up around cars. We would tour the dealerships for fun every Sunday as a kid.

For my fun/weekend car, I want something collectible, that handles well, is dependable, unique, quick, manual-shift (of course), and something with exclusivity w/ a good following of enthusiasts. I've owned Honda's my entire life (as has my wife) and it would be good to get back into the fold. We've had accords, civic si's, Acura TSX, etc so I'm familiar with VTEC and that whole operation, as well as the dependability. I believe Honda makes some of the best engines out there.

I truly believe that the S2000 is the last great Honda and would love input from you s2k/CR followers/owners on reasons someone should not buy this car. Who is it for/not for? What are the drawbacks? Do any of you regret getting this model as opposed to the standard AP1 or AP2? How is the enthusiast scene for meets/rallys, etc? These rarely come up for sale and I have to believe that the cult following they have will eventually drive prices higher.

I previously have owned a track-prepped BMW 2002 and currently own a 6spd VW GTI. I've been to several performance driving schools and driving is a passion of mine--not a chore. The less "niceties" the better in my opinion. I just assume have the radio off so I can listen to the sweet sound of the engine. The other car I was considering is the Mitsubishi Evolution RS that even comes with roll up windows--but I already have a 4dr sedan/hatch. I'm 5'8" and could loose a bit of weight, but purchasing an s2k would be (another) reason to do that

The main reason I'm considering this car is the focused purpose of being built for the track, exclusivity, RWD, styling, and dependability.--That and I don't want to wait until I retire to enjoy life. My clutch leg may not survive that long. I drive cars fairly hard and have never been disappointed with any honda I have owned. I'm not crazy about the wing, but I know its functional. I love the Alcantara interior and have cloth in my GTI currently--Im not a fan of leather.

I've trolled several of the posts and see the owners of these cars as true enthusiasts who know what many other car enthusiasts do not about this car. Its seems to be heads and tails above almost everything else out there from an enthusiast roadster point of view. It seems special to the extreme--and I hope to become an owner of one in the near future.

I'm not monetarily rich by any stretch, but think that people could do much worse looking for an economical, dependable, fun to drive roadster.

Please offer any insight/opinions to the ownership of the s2k/ CR model. I know I got wordy so thanks for reading.

(I already posted this in the CR section--my bad--I guess i should have posed here 1st)
Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM

Get the S2000, it will meet all your needs...and more...
Old 10-29-2011, 12:54 AM

If you're looking to drag race, a n/a s isn't for you.
It's for everything else though.

Good luck. I think there was a mint gpw cr for sale in the classified in Cali. Might be worth looking in to.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyC
If you're looking to drag race, a n/a s isn't for you.
It's for everything else though.

Good luck. I think there was a mint gpw cr for sale in the classified in Cali. Might be worth looking in to.
I PM'd the guy and he already has an offer--wasn't quick enough--

and no, I don't plan to Drag--I'm 40 yrs old and prefer hitting apexes than hitting the 1/4-- (wow--can't believe im 40--in 2 mo--time flies young fellas!! Hope we never loose newer enthusiasts to flappy paddle shifting)

Thanks, though for seeing the GPW for sale and thinking of my post!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on what you've said, the CR is perfect for you.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:02 AM

Whichever model you end up with will put a smile on your face every day. I feel guilty if I don't get to wash it every 2 weeks.