Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Well I just moved from Mississippi to Houston

Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I just moved from Mississippi to Houston

Well after after 8 years in Mississippi, the Houston traffic started to kill my '98 Tahoe:

I loved this damn thing we went through alot, including the middle of a tornado in Alabama:

But traffic was killing it, my gf wouldn't leave MS, and I happened to find an 02 s2000 with 40k miles:

I hope she likes her 1 red light town, this fkn car is awesome.

Nice to meet y'all my name is Ben.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in MS? I lived in Starkville for a couple years (got a degree from State).
Old 12-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what I'm talking about! Hopefully you come out to one of the Houston meets, we are pretty active down here

Old 12-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Oxford, I have a degree from Ole Miss
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by l33t
Welcome to the s2k club........and go to hell Old Piss!

Sorry, I have an agreement with MSU that every time I degrade UM in a public forum, a portion of my student loan is forgiven. All you have to do to jab back is mention the Egg Bowl. Oxford is a nice college town (so is Starkville). It’s really ashamed that the two nicest towns in the entire state hate each other.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Originally Posted by l33t' timestamp='1356059877' post='22223093

Sorry, I have an agreement with MSU that every time I degrade UM in a public forum, a portion of my student loan is forgiven. All you have to do to jab back is mention the Egg Bowl. Oxford is a nice college town (so is Starkville). It’s really ashamed that the two nicest towns in the entire state hate each other.
We care about beating LSU more than getting the egg... 27 years since y'all beat LSU after this season lol. Never even bothered going to starkville honestly, but mullen has definitely figured out how to make us hate state again I can't lie about that. If only state fans knew we love the TSUN stuff, I am glad there is someone from a familiar area. Too bad it wasn't Oxford.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1' timestamp='1356060935' post='22223101
[quote name='l33t' timestamp='1356059877' post='22223093']

We care about beating LSU more than getting the egg... 27 years since y'all beat LSU after this season lol. Never even bothered going to starkville honestly, but mullen has definitely figured out how to make us hate state again I can't lie about that. If only state fans knew we love the TSUN stuff, I am glad there is someone from a familiar area. Too bad it wasn't Oxford.
[/quote]

Just to add this (I don't want to edit again), I don't miss MS a bit I love my new concrete paradise.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1' timestamp='1356060935' post='22223101

[/quote]

27 years......ouch!

This season wasn't as good as I had hoped, but State has never really had a top tier program and it takes time to build one (especially in the SEC). I think they are heading in the right direction under Mullen. If anything; he’s filling the stadium every week and getting more cash flowing into the program than ever before (stadium expansion just started a few weeks ago). We were there for Croom’s last season and Mullen’s first; the attitude, vibe, and support are like night and day.

I liked Mississippi. We were only there for two years (my wife took a job at State). It was an interesting place to live (I had never even been in the deep south before moving there) and it allowed me to not work and go to school full time for what I’m doing now. We got to live on campus in a 100 year old farmhouse; how southern is that? It was just so remote. When Tupelo is the “big city” you go to for shopping; you live in the sticks. The poverty was also pretty overwhelming (outside of Starkville).

I would have loved to have my s2k then; there are some great little roads around Starkville. The Natchez Trace Parkway would be an amazing drive (if it wasn’t for the low speed limit).
Old 12-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Originally Posted by l33t' timestamp='1356069011' post='22223225
[quote name='Jdrum1' timestamp='1356060935' post='22223101']

[/quote]

27 years......ouch!

This season wasn't as good as I had hoped, but State has never really had a top tier program and it takes time to build one (especially in the SEC). I think they are heading in the right direction under Mullen. If anything; he’s filling the stadium every week and getting more cash flowing into the program than ever before (stadium expansion just started a few weeks ago). We were there for Croom’s last season and Mullen’s first; the attitude, vibe, and support are like night and day.

I liked Mississippi. We were only there for two years (my wife took a job at State). It was an interesting place to live (I had never even been in the deep south before moving there) and it allowed me to not work and go to school full time for what I’m doing now. We got to live on campus in a 100 year old farmhouse; how southern is that? It was just so remote. When Tupelo is the “big city” you go to for shopping; you live in the sticks. The poverty was also pretty overwhelming (outside of Starkville).

I would have loved to have my s2k then; there are some great little roads around Starkville. The Natchez Trace Parkway would be an amazing drive (if it wasn’t for the low speed limit).
[/quote]

lol yeah, tickets on the Natchez Trace are out of this world expensive too. I loved living there, but unless you are a doctor, a lawyer, or a professor. There is a reason there are a million law offices in Oxford, there are a shitload of awesome bars right next to eachother.