Jacksonville 1st Coast S2000 Owners

Festival of Speed/Concours

Old 02-25-2016, 07:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Festival of Speed/Concours

Anyone have any plans to attend these? Seems like a whole bunch of car stuff is going on in Amelia that weekend and I am trying to figure out what to attend.

Groupon is running a special right now for tickets to attend the Festival of Speed on March 12.
https://www.groupon.com/deals/festiv...ia-island-2016

I know there is also going to be a Cars and Coffee drive up/meet to the Concours that day. Tickets for the Concours are pretty hefty though. I am thinking about just driving up with the group, hanging out for a bit, then going to the Festival of Speed.

What do you guys think and what are some of your plans? Any one else interested in attending? Maybe we can do our own group instead of with the Cars and Coffee because there's 121 going and 280 interested so far. I am not sure if driving in a line of 121 people up Heckscher is a good idea!

According to the event on FB, the Cars and Coffee portion of the Concours is free but parking will be $10-$15?

Who has been before and can explain this a bit more?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Concours and FoS, but not the Cars and Coffee. The Concours is great if you love older cars and some amazing works of art. It is pricey ($80 per ticket?). I'm not sure about parking.

The FoS is like $10-20 per ticket if I remember correctly, but I believe parking was like $20 (you park on a golf course) so carpooling makes sense. It's much more casual and there are less cars. It's mostly exotics/high end cars and usually a few race or vintage vehicles.

I've been doing the FoS for the last few years. I've been enjoying it but you may want sunscreen. I've thought about doing the Cars and Coffee at some point.