JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

amuse s2300 GT1

Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A lot of high horses in here it seems..
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
Please elaborate. Your statement is very vague.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

So I am actually fairly surprised that people claim that a company like Amuse has no legal ground to go after the replica makers. Is it because they are not a US based company? And even still I know that some point or another every company that makes products that have been knocked off have tried to go after those fake makers for stealing their design. I am also surprised that companies like Amuse and Mugen don't patent their parts so that they do have something to back this up. The Amuse top may be more difficult to defend because all they really did was alter the OEM top some but the Spoon or Mugen seem different enough that they could apply for a patent. I am no lawyer though and I could just be talking out of my ass on this but it does seem like something they could do to fight these replica parts makers.

On the other hand it could be that they don't really care because they know that the people that buy a replica top are not their customer base. It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't try to go after this customer base though as they could greatly increase their production thus lowering the cost of the top due to the volume they could sell but like I said most if not all these JDM companies do not seem concerned with volume or market domination which is interesting from a business.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
No not really, just a lot of cheap people that think they are entitled to shit they can't afford with no sense of morality or class.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by liquid_helix136' timestamp='1362003332' post='22368815
No not really, just a lot of cheap people that think they are entitled to shit they can't afford with no sense of morality or class.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
They could greatly increase their production thus lowering the cost of the top due to the volume they could sell but like I said most if not all these JDM companies do not seem concerned with volume or market domination which is interesting from a business.
I've wondered this myself... Profit margins must be very high per unit
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

"Tuning/modding" is a hobby, it's not like putting bread on the table. If I couldn't afford an authentic "X", I'll save up or not buy it. If I couldn't afford a brand name loaf of bread, I'll buy the generic brand loaf of bread. There is a choice when we buy car parts, none of us do this because we need it.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Most ridiculous thing Ive read in quite awhile. Entitled? Wake up bud. You drive a HONDA. A HONDA! The vast majority of these cars are now in the sub $20k price range and they will only get lower with the exception of a few low mileage cars and CR's.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
Originally Posted by MugenAP2' timestamp='1358306152' post='22269812
f@#k Fake Parts.... I still can not believe Rockstar replicated the Amuse hardtop.
that's a shitty company which duplicates anything that is profitable. sadly, this community has too many cheap owners to support them.
It's called competition and it's good for the economy... You probably buy mac too.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by brandondan1
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn' timestamp='1362012055' post='22369141
They could greatly increase their production thus lowering the cost of the top due to the volume they could sell but like I said most if not all these JDM companies do not seem concerned with volume or market domination which is interesting from a business.
I've wondered this myself... Profit margins must be very high per unit
They are astronomical per unit, and they don't care because they'd rather play the exclusivity game, which is why so many people here get ultra-pissed when knock-offs come out they dropped money on something they thought would make them unique, instead of just caring about the way it looks or it's functionality and now someone has something similar to theirs for 1/2 price! Waaaaaa

Quick Reply: amuse s2300 GT1