JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Amuse Ti Exhaust?

Old 04-13-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse Ti Exhaust?

Hey all I am trying to decide on an Amuse Ti exhaust or getting something like the Greedy SE V2 with Ti tips?

I have read that on a daily the Ti welds fatigue and crack? Is this overblown or is this just not a good choice on a DD and I should go with SS?

I love Amuse stuff but seems that maybe its not best for my DD?

Sorry if wrong section.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Im debating the same.
It seems that even after all these years the resonators are still falling apart.
If youre gonna do a r1000 youll be ok but the Euro or r1 titans with resonators are ticking time bombs i am believing.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:39 PM

Just buy one and see how you go...

I've bought an R1 titan for my car. I don't daily drive it but I do rack up a lot of long distance driving (to and from the track, and general weekend drives).

My R1 titan was manufactured two years ago so hopefully Powerhouse Amuse has resolved issues with the resonators failing.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I would seriously suggest before buying a several thousand dollar exhaust you buy a daily and then buy the exhaust. Ti exhausts to tend to fail sooner than stainless.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Greddy and Amuse should never be used in the same sentence
Old 04-21-2016, 12:03 PM

They are both similar in the aspect that they are both exhausts and have Ti tips. Amuse has the Uber JDM bling factor, but honestly thats what you are paying for. Go Tuning Unlimited did a dyno test of the Greddy system and had positive results. So for that reason, why spend more than $2k on an exhaust (Amuse) when you can achieve the same result with an exhaust half the price? The Greddy unit is also a quality name brand. In the end, it comes down to how deep your pockets are and how much you value spending an extra $1k for exclusive bling.

Greddy Dyno: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/710...-or-burnt-tip/

Anyway, just my $0.2 as I have been researching both exhaust systems for my car as well.

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
Old 04-21-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Isn't the amuse full titanium? I haven't done any research on any exhaust. What's most important is the diameter, sound, weight savings and JDM bling. It all just depends in which order you place significance. Greddy and Amuse are on two, completely different, JDM bling/quality levels. Cross shopping a $1k exhaust with a $2k+ exhaust doesn't make any sense to me. I would always go with Amuse parts over Greddy any day of the week (cost aside).
Old 04-21-2016, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amuse is full titanium...I have the Tracy sports titanium which is very similar to the amuse it weighs like 10-12 lbs...
Old 04-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by jdjordan
They are both similar in the aspect that they are both exhausts and have Ti tips. Amuse has the Uber JDM bling factor, but honestly thats what you are paying for. Go Tuning Unlimited did a dyno test of the Greddy system and had positive results. So for that reason, why spend more than $2k on an exhaust (Amuse) when you can achieve the same result with an exhaust half the price? The Greddy unit is also a quality name brand. In the end, it comes down to how deep your pockets are and how much you value spending an extra $1k for exclusive bling.

Greddy Dyno: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/710...-or-burnt-tip/

Anyway, just my $0.2 as I have been researching both exhaust systems for my car as well.

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best' timestamp='1460739508' post='23939201

Spoken like someone that has never seen one of these higher end exhausts in person. The level of quality and craftsmanship is completely different. I would also say there is a big difference in how they sound (this will depend on which one you buy). If you are only looking at the performance aspect then yes they both likely achieve the same result but there are even cheaper exhausts that achieve the same performance. Not saying Greddy is bad by any means but it is no where near as nice as the Amuse.

I still stand by my previous comment of buying a daily so you aren't daily driving the S so matter what exhaust you go with.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Titanium is generally a horrible material for a full exhaust system whether it's made by Amuse, J's Racing, ASM, or anyone else. The material is brittle and doesn't handle temp changes as well as steel. But's it's crazy light, looks great, and sounds special.

And finding someone who can re-weld titanium is a PITA.

Would I get another titanium exhaust? Hell yes.

Quick Reply: Amuse Ti Exhaust?