JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

ASM Widebody

Old 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forget that kit...i want the f20c in the background with the Toda ITB's
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV,Jul 6 2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah right.

Don't forget to purchase an Autoclave (which you'll need to create any DRY CARBON piece) . My guess is one of those is more than $50,000.

And I doubt ASM gives a rat's ass about how many of these they sell. They're making it for their time attack car. I think it's pretty damn cool of them to make it available to the public to buy at all for any price.

I can't afford it, but everyone rolling their eyes at the prices of ASM parts is getting old
I already know what it takes to accomplish these tasks but thank you for the reminder.

I like the ASM wide body on their time attack but i just find that 50 000$ is a good chunk of change. Why produce such a product? I would keep it one of a knid on the tiem attack car.

My.02
Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 AM

My guess, they aren't going to stock these kits, if someone wants one, they will make it upon the placed order.

Also, ASM is like a used parts shop. They started building track and race cars out of the used parts people were selling and trading in. It came to a point where they were competitive, and started producing their own products due to public demand. They are indeed a unique company.

I'm anxious to see the time attack battles that will take place between the ASM, Amuse, and J's Racing S2000's.

About the wide body kit, I haven't really seen any wide body kits on the market that I like, I do understand their functionality, but they are all very overdone looking.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:13 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jul 7 2005, 08:08 AM
My guess, they aren't going to stock these kits, if someone wants one, they will make it upon the placed order.
exactly...most high end parts are made to order...

cusco makes cages once you pay, amuse makes aero parts once you pay...mugen makes hardtops once you pay...

pretty much the only high end company that stocks parts is J's just to name a popular company...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:02 AM

As J's mentioned before I'm sure the composite work done over here outshines that of Japan as his relative said.

With that being said though I think comparing carbon used in the manufacturing of aircraft to a Mugen or J's hood is rather apples and oranges. There is a reason why those aircraft cost many millions of dollars and I'm sure a hood made to the same grade as the stuff on them would be well out of our price range.

On the subject of hoods vs hoods or body parts vs body parts I'd still pick the overseas stuff hands down. I have found them to be of higher quality. I prefer the tighter weave most of them offer from an aesthetic standpoint and I find the fit and finish of the hood in general to be superior (yes I have owned a number of JDM hoods as well as a couple USDM ones from previous cars).

Anyway that's off topic. As everyone has said these are not stocked parts, and I for one think its pretty cool that they're offering them at all (even if the price is ridiculously prohibitive).
Old 07-07-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Jul 7 2005, 02:13 PM
exactly...most high end parts are made to order...

cusco makes cages once you pay, amuse makes aero parts once you pay...mugen makes hardtops once you pay...

pretty much the only high end company that stocks parts is J's just to name a popular company...
And at least on their carbon hoods, J's doesn't even manufacture them
Old 07-08-2005, 09:57 AM
roo

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jul 6 2005, 12:58 PM
Varis Quality isnt there by the pictures which means in person it would/should be worse.
I dunno what pictures you're talking about but Varis quality is great. Hell, they do OEM parts for Toyota in Japan. I've seen tons of their parts in person, I've seen their factory in person, so I think my opinion weighs in a little more here.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
roo

Originally Posted by VeilsideAP1,Jul 6 2005, 11:18 AM
how much for FRP? I saw photos of an FRP kit on their site a while back...
They only sell the kit in carbon. What you saw is probably the prototype for the mold.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Ben

I'm surprised nobody has commented about the inner fenders. That was the most interesting part of the photo to me.

It's already been said, but in different words:
ASM = Autobacs = Autobacs budget (they dont care if they sell one of those kits) = Autobacs Connections and Technology = Autobacs ARTA JGTC Project = Some really high end dry carbon work worthy of JGTC.

You guys dont seem to mention or care that Autobacs has a JGTC team and their own car company (ASL Garaiya). There is no way to justify the need of purchasing one of these kits, but I at least admire the unique design, technology and quality of what they are doing.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ben,Jul 8 2005, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised nobody has commented about the inner fenders. That was the most interesting part of the photo to me.

It's already been said, but in different words:
ASM = Autobacs = Autobacs budget (they dont care if they sell one of those kits) = Autobacs Connections and Technology = Autobacs ARTA JGTC Project = Some really high end dry carbon work worthy of JGTC.

You guys dont seem to mention or care that Autobacs has a JGTC team and their own car company (ASL Garaiya). There is no way to justify the need of purchasing one of these kits, but I at least admire the unique design, technology and quality of what they are doing.
I definately think it looks great, and I do admire it, I know I can't afford it though... Are they planning on offering this in FRP? If the cost was comparable to Amuse, I'd seriously consider it...

Quick Reply: ASM Widebody