JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Backyard Low mount Seat Rail install: MY06

Old 10-09-2009, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DR. FEINSTONE,Oct 8 2009, 05:59 PM
For 00-05 cars are easier to slide the driver and passenger seat back all the way because there are less wires hanging on the floor pan like 06+
My '05 is pretty difficult to get all the way back even though I have played with rail adjustment and lubed the sliders. My wife can't slide it forward by herself. Definitely not OEM quality, but the install was easy and I really enjoy the extra head room.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I'm pretty sure there is some alignment that can be done to make the rails slide better. I want to try to loosen the bolts, and shove it back to see if that helps.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by RStoR,Oct 9 2009, 06:50 AM
My '05 is pretty difficult to get all the way back even though I have played with rail adjustment and lubed the sliders. My wife can't slide it forward by herself. Definitely not OEM quality, but the install was easy and I really enjoy the extra head room.
for the left driver side 00-05, you need to move the seatbelt sensor to the right to give more additional clearance to slide it all the way back. I have no problem slide the seat all the way back with the right passenger side. Use some additional greases on both rails
Old 11-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like this product only lowers the seat bottom from what the OP was saying.
Is there a one inch gap where the seat bottom meets the seat back or does it look
like the factory rail mounting distance?
If someone could take a picture of that location on the seat I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks
Mac
Old 11-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Passenger Side - OEM Rail

Driver Side - BYS Rail
Old 11-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^ thank you
Old 11-26-2009, 06:05 AM

I recently tried to buy a rear spoiler from Bulletproof Automotive, only to find out that the price of the spoiler I wanted was nearly 2X the price they had listed on line. When I contacted them they said it was due to the exchange rate. What the F*** that changes every day. So does that mean that none of thier on line price are any good?
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. I would have gotten the Backyard Low mount Seat Rails and the spoiler at the same time, but I ended up getting the spoiler from one of the other sponsors on this BB.
Any comment would be helpfull.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately our website is out of date, as it was created back when the yen rate was around 120, the yen rate now is hovering around 90. We're in the middle of creating an entirely new site, and don't have the manpower to update the old one. Trust me, it bothers us too

Keep in mind we do aggressively price match and can match or beat any valid price!

-Colin
Old 11-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Thanks for reminding me about that, price matching.
The way I saw it is, if I could not count on your price even being close, how could I count on your price match?
I am not a hater so I will not continue.
Just a want to be customer.
So now
Old 11-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RStoR,Oct 9 2009, 09:50 AM
The reason it gets difficult and from what I can see is the limiting factor of getting the seat lower is the bottom of the seat actually bottoms out on the floor and it gets wedged so tight you can't slide it back forward. I didn't have the backyard rail but an identical one for the factory seat and that is the probably I ran into.

I actually wanted it lower and considered taking the seat bottom off and cutting and rewelding the pan part of the seat so that the bottom hump was gone and I'd be able to slide it more easily or possibly get it even lower. I never did come through as I didn't want to risk screwing it up. I'd love to get my hands on one of those bottom pans to mess with though.

Quick Reply: Backyard Low mount Seat Rail install: MY06