Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > JDM Tuning
Reload this Page >

Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install

JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install

 
Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
  #21  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I can't really speak for Steve... but if you call and tell him I sent you, I'm sure he'll do his best. Hes a good guy.
Ape_X is offline  
Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
  #22  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ape_X,Apr 10 2008, 12:28 PM
I can't really speak for Steve... but if you call and tell him I sent you, I'm sure he'll do his best. Hes a good guy.
Sounds good. Thanks.
S2000_Havens is offline  
Old 04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
  #23  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

So I picked up a pair of these rails and they fit the floor great, however, when I bolt them up to my seats, they are way too narrow.

If I bolt the rails up first, the seat fits completely inside the rails.

If I bolt the rails up to the seat, it is too narrow and won't reach the floor mounts.

FYI I am mounting up a pair of Sparco Revs.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Even the slider adjustment bar is too wide...
S2000_Havens is offline  
Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
  #24  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S2000_Havens,Apr 18 2008, 05:41 PM
So I picked up a pair of these rails and they fit the floor great, however, when I bolt them up to my seats, they are way too narrow.

If I bolt the rails up first, the seat fits completely inside the rails.

If I bolt the rails up to the seat, it is too narrow and won't reach the floor mounts.

FYI I am mounting up a pair of Sparco Revs.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Even the slider adjustment bar is too wide...
Are you using all of the adjustment available when mounting the L-shaped seat brackets to the rails? There is a lot of play there... also are you using any kind of spacers or washers when bolting the L-shaped seat brackets to the seats themselves? This will push out the rails a bit more when they're bolted up to the seats.

Dave
Ape_X is offline  
Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 PM
  #25  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ape_X,Apr 20 2008, 05:14 PM
Are you using all of the adjustment available when mounting the L-shaped seat brackets to the rails? There is a lot of play there... also are you using any kind of spacers or washers when bolting the L-shaped seat brackets to the seats themselves? This will push out the rails a bit more when they're bolted up to the seats.

Dave
Solution:

Use spacers to push the L-shaped brackets out to account the narrowness of the seat?

Question 2:

How many spacers is too many?

The bolts are quite long mounting into the side of the seats, but I would hate for something to happen if there be an accident. I would think that if at least 75% of the bolt was in seat, it would be safe? Anyone chime in?
S2000_Havens is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
  #26  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sunny Socal
Posts: 8,233
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

reminds me of my set up on the passenger side. my driver side is lower though using nagisa rails: both are on their lowest setting:

Name:  ddd2.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  94.5 KB
Sinji is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
  #27  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 5,872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have BC rails with F1spec seats... what a PITA to get in the car though. As for the OEM seat belt tab, I just broke it off. There is a spacer on the bolt between the rail anchor and the belt attachment so you can put it tight and have it move a minimal amount. It has not come loose yet and I doubt it will.

The BC rails will allow the seats to sit on the floor. They are really really adjustable. I would say at least a 2" drop from OEM height, maybe closer to 3". I'm 6'4" and have the bottom back of the seats sliding on the carpet.

to the sparco rev guy... are you sure that seat fits in the s2000?
s2kobsession is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 AM
  #28  
Gold Member
 
AP1_S2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern MD
Posts: 3,341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

pics of it mounted??
AP1_S2k is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
  #29  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCAL
Posts: 791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Apr 22 2008, 11:53 AM

to the sparco rev guy... are you sure that seat fits in the s2000?
I like that question.
Ape_X is offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
  #30  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 557
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ape_X,Apr 23 2008, 04:25 PM
I like that question.
What would prevent a seat from fitting into the car with the exception of wide upper side bolsters?

The BC seat rails/slider fit, and the seat is within specs for S2000's.

The problem is the narrowness of the bottom of the seat and lack of adjustment of the provided side mounts. They do not provide any extra width to mount the seats.

I am currently having a pair of custom side mounts built to account for the lack of width adjustment. It should be a fairly easy build, and should easily be able to account for the extra gap due to the narrow seat bottom.

I will make sure to post pictures once I get them back.
S2000_Havens is offline  

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Low Down Seat Rail Install


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands