JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Bulletproof is Hiring!

Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver j,Feb 8 2006, 01:16 PM
too bad you're not out here, i think you'd be a good fit from what i've seen from you
thank you

working for bulletproof would be amazing. out here in NJ their is nothing JDM or import wise at all. I get all of my parts from Cali. I plan to move to the west coast, its just college is holding me back. I don't have a major or career, so untill then i can't transfer schools and move.

sucks their isn't a bulletproof east coast
Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my family is in New York and New Jersey, so I'd love to open up a shop on the east coast some day...I just dont see any advantage at the moment, simply a lot of trouble and expense with little potential reward.

Even if I were to open a shop there, the shipping costs of getting these parts across the country wouldnt be much different than now where we just ship them directly to customers like you. customers like you would instead need to pay higher prices to cover freight from LA and sales tax on top of it (our cusotmres are better off with our current situation).

If I was selling smaller impulse buy type things, it'd make a lot more sense...but we're not going to be selling neon light kits, clear tails, cheap universal mufflers and air freshners anytime while I'm alive.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ben,Feb 8 2006, 04:04 PM
.......but we're not going to be selling neon light kits, clear tails, cheap universal mufflers and air freshners anytime while I'm alive.
too bad cos I really need some JDM furry dice

good luck with your search!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Ben

actually, lately I'm really tempted to start selling these amazing high end JDM Kit Kats that are created by a regular Iron Chef contestant. I ate some in japan recently and they are awesome. Maybe someday I'll open up a JDM imported food shop in the east coast. LOL.

I need to get Nigo from A Bathing Ape of Japan to make us some BAPE Camo furry dice...now that I'd like to sell. (for those of you who know BAPE)
Old 02-08-2006, 02:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I could move out to Cali, Ben. Hahaha, I'll get my resume' updated and email it to you!

-Andrew, who wonders what cost of living is out there.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Ben

anyone who has amuse coilovers is a plus in my book!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by suterusu,Feb 8 2006, 03:53 PM
I could move out to Cali, Ben. Hahaha, I'll get my resume' updated and email it to you!

-Andrew, who wonders what cost of living is out there.
a decent one bedroom apt in a decent area with a garage runs around $1100 and my 91 octane gas at chevron is $2.93/gallon.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ben,Feb 8 2006, 02:04 PM
my family is in New York and New Jersey, so I'd love to open up a shop on the east coast some day...I just dont see any advantage at the moment, simply a lot of trouble and expense with little potential reward.

Even if I were to open a shop there, the shipping costs of getting these parts across the country wouldnt be much different than now where we just ship them directly to customers like you. customers like you would instead need to pay higher prices to cover freight from LA and sales tax on top of it (our cusotmres are better off with our current situation).

If I was selling smaller impulse buy type things, it'd make a lot more sense...but we're not going to be selling neon light kits, clear tails, cheap universal mufflers and air freshners anytime while I'm alive.
i think it would be so beneficial for you to open an east coast shop...the scene here is growing to be what it was in cali 2 years ago and it will continue to grow...there is no main jdm source here on the west coast and for bulletproof to go east coast would in my opinion, be a huge success...there is a high demand for jdm parts, and for there to be a more local source, would be a big asset to retailers and consumers.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cntcu,Feb 8 2006, 09:03 PM
i think it would be so beneficial for you to open an east coast shop...the scene here is growing to be what it was in cali 2 years ago and it will continue to grow...there is no main jdm source here on the west coast and for bulletproof to go east coast would in my opinion, be a huge success...there is a high demand for jdm parts, and for there to be a more local source, would be a big asset to retailers and consumers.
yeah but the import scene in Cali is on such larger scale compared to here...

its all year on the west coast...

come winter in NJ im getting my car ready for the summer shows and meets.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver j,Feb 8 2006, 07:46 PM
a decent one bedroom apt in a decent area with a garage runs around $1100 and my 91 octane gas at chevron is $2.93/gallon.
ouch, I pay $1000 + utilities for a 2 bedroom/2 car garge, and my 94 octane Sunoco is $2.56/gal.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have Ben pay me more. Haha.

Quick Reply: Bulletproof is Hiring!