JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

C-West Induction Box

Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randizzle88,Apr 21 2009, 06:53 PM
Not the c-west but i like this set up!!
Sorry, but that is an absolutely ugly-ass engine bay. lol.

That is a hideous blue, it looks just old and faded..

And that intake manifold reminds me of:

Old 04-22-2009, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that is a Mugen intake w/ an aftermarket arm. I like the cf plenum alot as well!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto,Apr 21 2009, 10:50 AM

Looks like an ITB setup however look at where the MAP sensor is placed.......

Why put the MAP sensor there when it is not even functional in this setup.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tylorweaver,Apr 22 2009, 02:16 PM
Sorry, but that is an absolutely ugly-ass engine bay. lol.

That is a hideous blue, it looks just old and faded..

And that intake manifold reminds me of:

Keep scratching your head because that's not an intake manifold but rather a carbon airbox (looks custom) fitted over individual throttle bodies.

As for the color, if you look at the rest of that engine bay I doubt the owner/shop cares, looks to me to be built to function at the track, not meet your aesthetic requirements (note the battery kill switch)
Old 04-22-2009, 05:18 PM

Thumbs up

Speaking of ugly what the hell is on your front bumper "Tylor?"

Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=tylorweaver,Apr 22 2009, 06:16 AM] Sorry, but that is an absolutely ugly-ass engine bay. lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV,Apr 22 2009, 02:37 PM
Keep scratching your head because that's not an intake manifold but rather a carbon airbox (looks custom) fitted over individual throttle bodies.

As for the color, if you look at the rest of that engine bay I doubt the owner/shop cares, looks to me to be built to function at the track, not meet your aesthetic requirements (note the battery kill switch)
If it wasn't built with asthetics in mind, then why the gay-papa-smurf-blue-painted valve color? All I'm simply saying is, it looks sofa king ghey.

As for the fact it being an induction box, not an intake manifold.. I said that it reminds me of the CTAE. Lame.

And regarding my sig.. it's a custom rally light bracket I had designed for a night AutoX Series we had in Atlanta last year. It incorporated 4x Hella FF200 Xenon Driving Lights with one-off 55w Hella Ballasts I had designed. I'm an engineer for Hella, so literally, it was all for shits and giggles.. nothing serious about it at all.

Ya'll need to relax and take it down a couple of notches with your "JDM Communism" bullshit.. lol. "OH it is SOOO not an intake manifold.. it's actually a carbon airbox... NOOB" lol, Yea, you're cool

Yea... my bad I didn't notice how cool it was!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 AM

Can't we all just get along?

-Colin
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 AM

^what he said! lol Thanks C-Note!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tylorweaver,Apr 23 2009, 01:28 PM
If it wasn't built with asthetics in mind, then why the gay-papa-smurf-blue-painted valve color? All I'm simply saying is, it looks sofa king ghey.

As for the fact it being an induction box, not an intake manifold.. I said that it reminds me of the CTAE. Lame.

And regarding my sig.. it's a custom rally light bracket I had designed for a night AutoX Series we had in Atlanta last year. It incorporated 4x Hella FF200 Xenon Driving Lights with one-off 55w Hella Ballasts I had designed. I'm an engineer for Hella, so literally, it was all for shits and giggles.. nothing serious about it at all.

Ya'll need to relax and take it down a couple of notches with your "JDM Communism" bullshit.. lol. "OH it is SOOO not an intake manifold.. it's actually a carbon airbox... NOOB" lol, Yea, you're cool

Yea... my bad I didn't notice how cool it was!!!
Guess you told me

I don't remember calling anything "JDM" or doing anything other than pointing out that you were incorrect in calling it an intake manifold (you did call it an intake manifold) and that perhaps if you knew what it really was you would be more appreciative of the intent of that engine bay and less worried about the aesthetics.

While I'm at it, I don't remember saying anything offensive, using profanity, trying to insult you, or calling anything gay (or ghey). Please proceed to untwist your panties.

Quick Reply: C-West Induction Box