JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Calling All Apexi Gt Spec Owners?

Old 02-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling All Apexi Gt Spec Owners?

So I'm interested in the GT Spec single for my S2k. Can Anybody offer any Info about it.

DB Levels (any RPM)?

Quality?

Drone?

Harrasment From Cops (Primarily Cali Owners)?

anything else you can offer would be great, i've searched and have not come up with much. And all the websights claim 10 Hp (but that's just marketing)

Thank You.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never owned one but I've heard one before, it's got a nice deep tone with very little drone to it, and is one of the quieter single exhausts for the S2000 as long as you keep the revs low, when you open it up it gets just as loud as any other 60mm single.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the info, That's what I was hoping. I dont want something so loud it's going to get me harrassed by cops. If I'm going WOT then I will most likely get pulled over anyway with or without exhaust. So as long as it's one of the quieter exhaust for the S2000 I'm happy. I lookes nice too.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:20 PM

I can't comment on the apex'i gt spec, but I had an apex'i n1 spec on my n/t eclipse and it was pretty loud while cruising but it was crazy loud at wot. Luckily though it came with a silencer so that kept the db's down. I did get pulled over for my exhaust, an anal cop, about 1 year and a half after I had my exhaust. That was without the silencer and I was going speed limit. I had to get my exhaust db tested to prove that it was legal. I wanted to make sure that I passed the test, so I tested it with the silencer on. If I recall it was under 90dbs with the silencer. Not sure what it would've been without it, would've cost more money to get it tested without the silencer.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

If I recall correctly, this is not one of the exhausts that will get you much hp. As far as drone, a test pipe will cut down on that. Here's a link to a website with sound clips from TONS of different S2k exhausts. S2k exhaust library
Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

i had the gt spec on my itr and it was definitely on the loud side. the exhaust is great in terms of low but if you are concerned with drawing attention then i don't recommend it. it does sound great though and i was very happy with it.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the GT Spec on my S2000 and it has a nice tone that is not raspy or too loud. My friend has the N1 and it is much louder.

I wanted something that wouldn't bring too much attention in terms of sound, but have a nice deep tone. I lucked out, that is what I have with the GT Spec.

I do recommend on single sided exhausts to use upgraded exhaust hanger bushings. With the OEM ones, they were not strong enough to keep the exhaust centered, so it would rub. I used the Cusco bushings and no more rub.

That's my .02

Old 02-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by cusco,Feb 20 2007, 12:54 PM
I have the GT Spec on my S2000 and it has a nice tone that is not raspy or too loud. My friend has the N1 and it is much louder.

I wanted something that wouldn't bring too much attention in terms of sound, but have a nice deep tone. I lucked out, that is what I have with the GT Spec.

I do recommend on single sided exhausts to use upgraded exhaust hanger bushings. With the OEM ones, they were not strong enough to keep the exhaust centered, so it would rub. I used the Cusco bushings and no more rub.

That's my .02

Thank You for the reply. That's great to here your happy with it.

U wouldn't happen to dyno your car ever, would you?

Did you feel any power gain?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Delano5050,Feb 20 2007, 06:14 PM
Thank You for the reply. That's great to here your happy with it.

U wouldn't happen to dyno your car ever, would you?

Did you feel any power gain?
I have not had the car dynoed so I don't have any good numbers.

Does it feel faster... only in my mind. Honestly, I doubt anyone can truly tell a difference with just an exhaust on any Honda. It doesn't seem any different and I know for sure it shaved off quite a few pounds.

On the S2000, buy an exhaust that you like the style, sound, quality and lastly for power. When you look at the lack of power that aftermarket exhausts do for the car, you will find yourself basing the decision on other things.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:07 AM

Thanks, ^^^that makes sense. Seems like the Apexi is a good product. and for the price if I gain 1HP accross the board that will be nice (when you consider the weight savings, style, quality, etc).

I was really concerned with the sound. I don't want to get hassled by cops with the silencer out.

Quick Reply: Calling All Apexi Gt Spec Owners?