JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Cwest hood / Zero-1000 power chamber

Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cwest hood / Zero-1000 power chamber

I have noticed this hood multiple times on B.P.'s site, and after talking w/ Hunter via email, this combination came up. I am interested in knowing how the NACA duct on the Cwest hood would line up w/ the Zero-1000 intake chamber. It seems as though this could be a pretty decent combination, even if some minor modifications were necessary.

BTW, I have to give Hunter credit here for the thought.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to get that hood back when I had my ARC intake, I think it would work great with the zero-1000. BTW I have yet to see anyone with that intake, I would get it but I am already too happy with my J's.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the snorkel for the intake sits where the factory scoop sit then this would be a perfect combination. that Cwest hood is my favorite out of all thats made for the S
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

water intake would be an issue, but the gains would be greater
Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 AM

Yes, this is true. If everything goes as planned, I'll have an old beater to use as my D.D., and only bring the S out in suitable weather.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Dec 14 2009, 08:09 AM
water intake would be an issue, but the gains would be greater
lol...back in the day I use to always spend roughly 2-3 mins in the pouring rain trying to cover my intake with towels while it sits in the rainy weather (I had a vented hood with a 100% exposed filter).

There is no point to my post; you simply allowed me to reminisce in the old days and what I use to do for my baby back when I couldn't afford anything better (still in that state but my car is being stored right now).

Thanks for the credit Mason; but if this pulls through, you deserve the credit, not me. Loyal clients such as yourself make things like this possible so you deserve the credit; I am simply the man behind the curtain. :-)

-Hunter
Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never seen that intake. Are there any links you could post where i could read about the product and find out how much it is?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Honestly man, all I've seen r pics in Hyper Rev, and the two pics I posted. Beyond that, I know it's made by Top Fuel Japan, and I can't see it doing any less then it's competitors with a NACA duct placed directly in front of the filter. I'm no engineer, but it seems to me that if the air has less distance to travel, it would b that much more effective. Any educated insight, as always is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i'm not mistaken Mugen was the first to come up wiht any sort of ducting for their intake system. they claimed the wind tunnel revealed that their intake opening was placed at an area of high pressure. after that every other companies designs placed holes in that simliar area.

the c-west hood opening is no where close to that, its hard to prove that area is beneficial for your needs, without any data you could make another argument that it could cause turbulence by having the opening so close to the filter

Old 12-21-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usdmej,Dec 21 2009, 12:20 PM
if i'm not mistaken Mugen was the first to come up wiht any sort of ducting for their intake system. they claimed the wind tunnel revealed that their intake opening was placed at an area of high pressure. after that every other companies designs placed holes in that simliar area.

the c-west hood opening is no where close to that, its hard to prove that area is beneficial for your needs, without any data you could make another argument that it could cause turbulence by having the opening so close to the filter
your "ramming" the air into the intake, this has a very similar setup to many other manufactures, from domestic to imports.

Quick Reply: Cwest hood / Zero-1000 power chamber