JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Front Fenders of all sizes and makes

Old 07-25-2005, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Fenders of all sizes and makes

It seems of late that there has been a lot of interest in all the aftermarket Fender industry for the S2000. A lot of people seem to be unclear of whats available. I put a little list together to help any new comers or people that are still unclear. Hopefully, a set from each manufacture will be bought by members so we can hear some feedback about quality, tire size options, inner fender arrangements, paint adhesion, etc.
I hope this little table helps everyone and if any information is incorrect I will edit my post asap. All pricing per Bullet Proof Automotives website.

J's Racing -- 40mm wider per side (seems huge) $1082.90 for Fiberglass
ASM -------- 25mm wider per side $1674.40 for FRP $4914.00 for dry carbon HOLY JEEBUS!!
Varis ------- 20mm wider per side? $1852.50 for CF, $750.50 for FRP
CWest------ 10-15mm wider per side $912.60 - $1300 for PCC Carbon

Thanks
Ryan B.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info Ryan.

I may add that those prices are not always accurate only because CwestUSA will charge over $1200 for them retail plus shipping. This is just what I have seen in regards to the Cwest fenders.

On the other hand I actually think in reality the Cwest is a 15mm flare or closer to that. Only because of all the clearance I have with the +35 offset and the 3 inch drop I have. Yes, I know camber plays a part but I really think 10mm is too conservative.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 PM

Consider to the list updated. Thanks for the Feedback Chris.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:21 PM

Chris......are your fenders painted Cwest?

I'm considering going this route if the fenders can be painted to look like OEM finish. I'm concerned about uneven surfaces or any type of imperfect surface...

feedback?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Jul 25 2005, 01:21 PM
Chris......are your fenders painted Cwest?

I'm considering going this route if the fenders can be painted to look like OEM finish. I'm concerned about uneven surfaces or any type of imperfect surface...

feedback?
Whats up? How did HID's go? I heard Spoonus took 2nd place.

Anyway my sig has my painted Cwest fenders for you. They can be painted to look like OEM finish. Its very expensive though. The price alone is more than some of the other fenders on this thread cost.

All the uneven surfaces or imperfections can be worked (for money).
Old 07-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jul 25 2005, 01:23 PM
Whats up? How did HID's go? I heard Spoonus took 2nd place.

Anyway my sig has my painted Cwest fenders for you. They can be painted to look like OEM finish. Its very expensive though. The price alone is more than some of the other fenders on this thread cost.

All the uneven surfaces or imperfections can be worked (for money).
I missed the whole damn event this year.... busy weekend and poor planning.

I guess for the OEM finish on aftermarket fenders you gotta "pay the cost to be the boss"...

Well YOUR fenders turned out really clean.

Tim
Old 07-28-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highrpmek: Not really a correction, but a clarification for your list: the J's GT1 kit is 50mm wider per side in the front and 40mm per side in the rear.

BTW, anyone know if the rear quarter panel on the S2k comes off like it does on the NSX? Or is part of the chassis (like in most unibodies)?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:47 PM

is the J's rear fender piece just a flare?? or actually a whole rear fender?? from looking at the C-WEST race car, it seems their fenders are actually rivetted on.
And does this mean you can actually run a 17x9 with a 40 offset or lower on all 4 corners?? the C-WEST car with their flared fenders run ADVAN RG's(F-17x9+45, R-17x9.5+35) with yoko AO48's 255/40-17. theres gonna be alot of space using the J's parts............
Old 07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by JSR_AP2,Jul 28 2005, 11:26 AM
Highrpmek: Not really a correction, but a clarification for your list: the J's GT1 kit is 50mm wider per side in the front and 40mm per side in the rear.

BTW, anyone know if the rear quarter panel on the S2k comes off like it does on the NSX? Or is part of the chassis (like in most unibodies)?
The rear fender is welded on. Thats why Amuse and ASM use rivited attachments. I've had an accident where I had to replace them before.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

You guys should consider modifying your stock fenders... I'm too impatient to wait so I decided to modify my OEM fenders to get about 15mm more clearance. I cut the whole edge of the fender off and welded in a 1/2" wide piece of sheet metal. It's currently being prepped for paint. Here's a teaser pic, didn't have my camera on me so exuse the camera phone pics.

VeilsideAP1 mentioned he modified his stock fenders too but when I looked at some of his pics, it looked like he lost the vertical lip at the edge of the fender. I wanted to make it as OEM as possible.

Whole process will have taken about a week and cost a lot less than a set of unpainted cwest fenders. But I did do a lot of the work myself...

Quick Reply: Front Fenders of all sizes and makes