JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Help me decide on my next hardtop

Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Mugen fits the car better, but Amuse HT is the trophy s2k accessory and if that's what's important to you, do it if you have the means. Both are gorgeous.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amuse HT FOR SURE...it's not even a question.

The amuse is definitely cleaner.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
I don't like 2x2 let alone 4x4. Im a fan of clean 1x1 look.
Yes you can still get mr-s window
Can't you order the Challenge top in the 1x1 weave? The Challenge top is the same (visually) as the Amuse with the side molding pieces integrated into the exterior portion of the hard top. Not only that but you can run the OEM rear window which almost gives you the visibility of driving with the top down, and if I recall correctly the Challenge top still has all of the holes so you can mount the OEM interior panels if you want to.

If you're dead set on the 'Trophy' piece the Amuse is rad as hell, not to mention that it goes very well with your car as it sits. That being said I thought I saw somewhere else you were parting out the Amuse widebody and other related things. If that's the case I'd wait to pull the trigger on a new top until you figure out what you're doing next.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

^Yes you can and it is actually cheaper in the 1x1 weave.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1x1 Amuse dry carbon
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by kaansahbaz' timestamp='1346804588' post='21987914
I don't like 2x2 let alone 4x4. Im a fan of clean 1x1 look.
Yes you can still get mr-s window
Can't you order the Challenge top in the 1x1 weave? The Challenge top is the same (visually) as the Amuse with the side molding pieces integrated into the exterior portion of the hard top. Not only that but you can run the OEM rear window which almost gives you the visibility of driving with the top down, and if I recall correctly the Challenge top still has all of the holes so you can mount the OEM interior panels if you want to.

If you're dead set on the 'Trophy' piece the Amuse is rad as hell, not to mention that it goes very well with your car as it sits. That being said I thought I saw somewhere else you were parting out the Amuse widebody and other related things. If that's the case I'd wait to pull the trigger on a new top until you figure out what you're doing next.
For the record, amuse hardtop doesnt use oem window. It uses Toyota mr-s hardtop window like this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:To...W30_racing.jpg

http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/to...jet1779-70.htm
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM

I am well aware of which window the Amuse top runs.

That is why I made note of the Challenge top being similar in design but running the OEM S2000 window instead.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think challange tops are replica oem,
Only amuse replica available is from VIS, And RSG I believe
Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm not talking about replica tops. I don't do that bullshit.

The Challenge top was designed to be similar to the OEM but the outside shape is more inline with the Amuse. The side molding area is smoothed in with the lines of the top just like the Amuse. That is what I meant by saying that visually they are similar.

The Amuse is basically an OEM top with smoothed in side moldings and the MRS rear window. The Challenge top is a smoothed in side molding OEM top that runs the OEM rear window. In addition to that it has the mounting points for all of the OEM interior panels. Both look identical from the outside as they both borrow heavily from the OEM top, however one has the OEM glass.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge JDM Fanboi and I understand what the Amuse top is all about, but if you haven't really looked at the Challenge top I think it's worth a look.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the Amuse top; for the record it too uses all of the OEM seals and catches etc.

Chris.

Quick Reply: Help me decide on my next hardtop