JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's Racing replica- if the group buy goes down

Old 08-15-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, after purchasing your Mugen CF hardtop i discovered the following:

1. the mugen cf does not get loose like my Seibon one did after driving around.
2. The fitment on the mugen no longer rubs on the back part of my trunk (the panel in front of the trunk lid) which caused my paint to scrape
3. The mugen is aprox 8-10;b lighter then my seibon CF
4. the alignment on the front corners are much better on the mugen then the seibon.

Im a proven fact that in this case, the seibon , although did have much better CF weave quality was not as perfect as the mugen CF. Is it worth the extra money? probably not, actually no, the seibon was a great hardtop. but is it fair for me to have that hardtop and say it's the real mugen cf? (which i never did btw). My J's parts isnt perfect but at least I know that i have a product that was designed by them to support their company and future ventures into other products.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:13 AM

I agree and have felt the same way you do from time to time, but the bottom line is everything eventually gets copied. Does it suck? Hell ya, but its part of being involved with the automotive aftermarket. Being as into cars as I am isn't going to just stop or go away, so you either have to deal with it or change up the car everytime something you are running gets copied . I have been at car shows were people have called my front lip a copy/fake/replica (its authentic) and asked if my MF10's were Mugens or Rotas??? I must say it irritates me when this stuff happens, but I try to laugh at off and not waste my time staying upset about it.

For the record I hate Rota (I think they are the pioneers of copy cats). I will never own a set of their wheels. They have yet to develop anything of their own and they dont make the parts better than the originals only cheaper and in some cases weaker. Seibon, VIS and etc. are junk IMHO (though the quality of Seibon is improving), but I understand not everyone can spend 3G's on a hood (or they just dont have the patience to save up money for what they really want). Thats why these companies do so well and aren't going anywhere.

The copycats that do not bother me are the ones who improve on what is currently being offered. Thats how things progress... someone pics up where the last person left off and improves on it. Personally I dont want a fiberglass front bumper and if someone made a replica of any of the major brands with the same durabilty and fitment as the OEM bumper I would strongly consider picking one up (no matter what the price). Most of the JDM companies are copying eachother to some extent anyway the difference is most of the American companies dont add anything useful to the design or improve on it....they just copy it .
Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kmugen,Aug 15 2008, 11:16 AM
Tom, after purchasing your Mugen CF hardtop i discovered the following:

1. the mugen cf does not get loose like my Seibon one did after driving around.
2. The fitment on the mugen no longer rubs on the back part of my trunk (the panel in front of the trunk lid) which caused my paint to scrape
3. The mugen is aprox 8-10;b lighter then my seibon CF
4. the alignment on the front corners are much better on the mugen then the seibon.

Im a proven fact that in this case, the seibon , although did have much better CF weave quality was not as perfect as the mugen CF. Is it worth the extra money? probably not, actually no, the seibon was a great hardtop. but is it fair for me to have that hardtop and say it's the real mugen cf? (which i never did btw). My J's parts isnt perfect but at least I know that i have a product that was designed by them to support their company and future ventures into other products.
wow, 10-lbs lighter? I figured it would've been around or near the same

you should join me in my "group buy" if you're a true J's whore
Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 AM

i think it main issue that i have is i see and hear people out there who have the replicas present it as authentic.... If people truely did not care if it's authentic or replica, then in that aspect, it would be ok. I CANNOT stand people who come up to me and tell me they have the same hood and when i go to see theirs, it's a TIS branded 2x3.245 weave and the corners of the hood are both curved and pointed in each corner. wtf!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM

btw tom, pm me w/ details
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM

I hadthe full J's CF kit till some dumbass tow truck driver backed into my car. My J's type V hood and CF Front bumper were ruined. Ive tried TWICE to get new parts from Japan. The first time the importer was retarded and the second time the boxes came smashed and product ruined. Im sorry but to ask premium prices, ship in small quantities at a very slow pace, and not even take care in packaging your items screams like an opportunity for another company to take your business. I have no pitty for J's. That is just the business world. If you dont have a patent, its fair game.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM

First off, LOVE your car!

Secondly:
Originally Posted by s2kmugen,Aug 14 2008, 10:23 PM
do not post if you just want to argue.
- I'd say most would think your intentions in starting this thread was just that, an attempt to instigate an argument. What, with all the name calling?

are fully function parts to where each part I added on was to increase the abillity for the S2000 to perform better on the track
-Trust me, all your J's parts (sans the wing) do very little to improve the cars ability on track.

As of right now, I only know of myself to have the full J's Racing body kit w/ canards, wings, other J's parts , etc, and J's vinyl in my region of the US.
-I think you're right. Congrats. You are very unique and IMO have great taste.

light lug nuts
-sweet!

[QUOTE=s2kmugen,Aug 14 2008, 10:23 PM]I believe it's very important to support the artist to continue to make more for me to enjoy.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

s2kmugen

Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

But you also DID buy the replica top at one point Possible reason that Medical Student sold you his top? j/k
Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by -GunShow-,Aug 15 2008, 02:13 PM
But you also DID buy the replica top at one point Possible reason that Medical Student sold you his top? j/k
ouch

But now that he's going with Mugen Power, maybe he can shave off 2 extra seconds at TWS with 10-lbs less to carry around with.

Quick Reply: J's Racing replica- if the group buy goes down