JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

JDM Tires

Old 04-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Tires

Where can you get potenza REO1R's in more sizes? Tirerack only has the stock sizes, sux they've been released for a while but availability is still terrible, I really just want to give them a shot, if not I might get some NEOVa's or dunflops.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call tirerack, I know they can get more sizes than they have listed.....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 PM

What size were you looking for?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM

supposedly the compound they use for the neovas and re01-r in japan are different from those that are sold here... anybody got more insight on this? considering japanese companies such as honda goes to retarded lengths to make jdm cars differ from uk and usdm cars, i wouldnt doubt the possibility. like how the we get a 2dr and 4dr civic si with a totally different chassis and an lsd than the 2dr civic type-r in uk which doesnt even have an lsd and the civic type-r in japan is 4 door and totally different than the other two... why do the japanese have to make everything so complicated!?!? i know thing such as emissions, saftey and such are a big factor, but they even go to the lengths to change the looks of the cars drastically and even the chassis when they could leave the basic shit same and change the stuff they need to. one more thing, the integra type-r in uk and australia looks identical to a real jdm itr in every way but the motor is a k20a2 from that of a usdm rsx type-s and still has an open differential even though its badged a type-r! sorry just had to vent a little.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of that has to do with marketing. What the Japanese public wants might not jive with what the US public wants. Sure, you want a Type-R "fillintheblank", but would everyone else want one enough to sell-out the US allocated lot? Evidently the bean-counters don't think so (Honda had a difficult time unloading the Integra Type-R; Nissan would not be able to sell out a $50-60k Skyline R34 GTR; Supra and RX-7 sales tanked, NSX sales were a joke) Emissions and safety is such a big matter that excludes certain cars anyway. The chemical make-up of fuels are different as well. Even in the US, we occasionally get better stuff than in Japan (2.2L motor in AP2 while the rest of the world gets the 2.0L F20C - until recently). The roads are probably different enough to where tires may only be region-specific. I blame it on red-tape between different countries. We are starting to see more world cars now than ever before, so there's still hope yet!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
S2X
Former Sponsor

that how the term JDM was born
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=483841
Old 04-28-2007, 06:58 PM

I called tirerack and some jacka$$ says do you already have them in the front. I say uhh no, he says well I cant sell you the rear, we dont recommend mixing and matching tires. WTF I'm not the average joe trying mix and match tires, I've been racing for a couple years if the combination came out to be that bad then sure I'd buy the front but my fronts still have 90% treadlife and I dont want another set of hankookeds.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 PM

I recommend contacting this guy instead: Jim@Tirerack.com
Old 04-29-2007, 06:43 PM

maybe you shouldn't break your rear end loose on every turn!

Quick Reply: JDM Tires