JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Mugen SS rear wing

Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kc's,Mar 31 2006, 01:15 PM
whatever
It's not whatever... this forum was created to discuss AUTHENTIC JDM parts.
Bulletproof pays to sponsor the forum and they don't deal with knock offs. If you want to buy knock-offs, that is your buisness, but have some common sense and don't go posting about it in this forum; especially when the vendor paying for the fourm is loosing money b/c of it. I'm a little pissed that the wing is copied.
I had to save and wait for a good deal on used one.
Ben, you should be able to delete this thread...since you are the moderator.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by s2kc's,Mar 31 2006, 01:15 PM
whatever
whatever?

so you are those typical losers who would buy their wifes fake LV purses for anniversary huh?

Buying/supporting replica kits is like trying to be someone you are not, if you can't afford an authentic Mugen wing, then you can't. I don't care if you buy a replica one, it's your decision, but it's the wrong forum to post. This is the JDM forum, not your cheap ass ghetto market. So pack your whatever attitude home and share it with your family.

On a second thought, maybe the S2000 is just not the right car for ya.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well sorry for trying to save a few dollars... I'm sure this is not the first time it happens but it sure feels like it. i'm getting ready to order my wheels, and a hardtop and the J's Type S bodykit was already ordered. so I figured what the hell, why not? trying to save has never been a crime. didn't know I was going to make people loose sleep over it. Maybe something on the rules should be posted about this; common sense, right tenblade2001? dont be pissed because you didnt know they made a copy of it and you paid too much for the one you have. It's cool dont get mad, you'll live. Oh, and you will also live if you let other people do whaever they want to their cars, after all, it is my car. So dont worry about it, If Ben wants to delete the thread he can, you're right he does pay for it, so let him do what he wants.

Xplosiv, STFU. You dont know me so dont go talking like you do. Youre the fu@kin looser for making a comment like that. Maybe you need some of my whatever attitude so you're life is not troubled by my thread and you can see threads like this and just let them go. Dont you have anything else to do? I do, so unlike you guys I'm going to go ahead and move on, learning from this experience not to be a holes like you guys to other people in the future, because thats not what this forum should be about.

Come to think of it, the wing doesnt even look that great.

Ben, feel free to delete this thread. Sorry I posted this on your section, didn't mean harm.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Ben

I dont like censorship. I would like all opinions to be heard and considered. I reserve my use of deletions for only extreme situations.

The knockoff topic is one that has many opinions. We have some of those posted here and I'm fine leaving it at that.

If this thread goes downhill and proves to be utterly useless I'll most likely lock it, but if people want to have a civil conversation about this topic then go for it.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=s2kc's,Mar 31 2006, 09:47 PM] well sorry for trying to save a few dollars... I'm sure this is not the first time it happens but it sure feels like it. i'm getting ready to order my wheels, and a hardtop and the J's Type S bodykit was already ordered. so I figured what the hell, why not? trying to save has never been a crime. didn't know I was going to make people loose sleep over it.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:22 PM

it seemed to me that you were who was pissed about me asking a question. but ok, whatever makes you feel better. I'd have more money to put into my car right now but taxes kicked me in the ass because i made A LOT of money!! I' am self employed, 22 yrs old, and make six figures (enough for me) if you make more than I do, then good for you. I guess that would make you better than me. haha

Besides, i think having a complete j's type s kit, volk wheels, and mugen hardtop in the 4 months I've had my car isn't bad.

How long have you had yours?

You are right Ben, but i had to fight it. Hopefully you can understand and hopefully this stops now. I'm sure there are other members out of all the ones we have that can benefit from this.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by s2kc's,Mar 31 2006, 09:47 PM
well sorry for trying to save a few dollars... I'm sure this is not the first time it happens but it sure feels like it. i'm getting ready to order my wheels, and a hardtop and the J's Type S bodykit was already ordered. so I figured what the hell, why not? trying to save has never been a crime. didn't know I was going to make people loose sleep over it. Maybe something on the rules should be posted about this; common sense, right tenblade2001? dont be pissed because you didnt know they made a copy of it and you paid too much for the one you have. It's cool dont get mad, you'll live. Oh, and you will also live if you let other people do whaever they want to their cars, after all, it is my car. So dont worry about it, If Ben wants to delete the thread he can, you're right he does pay for it, so let him do what he wants.
Brutha I've got waaay more important things to worry about than how you mod your ride. BUT, I will get pissed when someone is out and out rude. I've been on the board a long time and have known several sponsors, and know what they pay to be a sponsor. So I would have a shred of common sense and wouldn't post inappropiately and disrespect someone who is trying to help out the board i.e. Ben. Ben created this forum b/c everytime there was a thread about a JDM part, someone would bring up knock-offs and the post would degenerate into name calling.

Again, use some common sense. I wouldn't go to the GB section and post sh*t in the Seibon wing thread, so why would you go to a forum that is all about authentic parts and post up about knock-offs.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Jo2

Originally Posted by Ben,Mar 30 2006, 03:38 PM
I dont want to be a part of the distruction of companies who design original parts and I pay way too much money each month to support this forum to assist in this type of damaging activity.

If you dont have money for either, then keep saving and buy authenic parts that support the companies who made the design you like in the first place.
word. This is definitely an original design. I don't think any companies/any cars have run this style wing before mugen:

Old 04-01-2006, 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=Jo2,Apr 1 2006, 04:14 AM] word.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Jo2

Originally Posted by kush only,Apr 1 2006, 06:45 AM
a lot of companies have wings that look similar to that way before the s2000 was even made.

the difference in price is obvious with the quality excluding one item
I think that's debatable. Especially in the case of this wing. I doubt the mugen performs that much better for the premium it commands (and don't give me the "but they wind tunnel test their products" rap). A lot of times, you are just paying for the name. It all depends though.

lol @ whoever said this is taking money out of the pockets of retailers of authentic goods. I've worked in the import business, have you ever seen a jobber sheet for an import shop? They charge 100%-150% markup on most goods, trust me, they aren't hurting.

Quick Reply: Mugen SS rear wing