JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Spoons Dome HT

Old 07-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoons Dome HT

I was at Type One over the weekend to check out the shop and take pics and J'sAp1 has been asking me to post this just so that people can see where Spoon bolts their dome hardtop.

This is bolted on to their 7pt. roll cage and as you can see in the picture where the top latches are is where the main point of installation or bracket is. Brackets are also on the side and on the rear to hold the top and I did not get a chance to open the hatch since it was parked against the wall and that they won't move the car.
There is also a latch to hold the hatch at the back and I did not get a chance to take a pic of it.

I did not get a chance to talk to Ichi since he was there and busy but I ended up talking to one of the mechanic which spoke very little english at all and it was just too difficult to ask him questions as I've gotten just dumb looks from him for me babbling. In that case, I don't know how the real production will bolt up to our car since Spoon or Opak claims that a 4 pt roll cage will do and where it will be mounted. I'm sorry but I did not get that answer as Ichi was busy and did not give me that much time to talk to him about this top and I know that every one is curios about how this top would bolt to the car and what is really needed.

I just got a word from Opak that this top is not even on its way here and the thought that it was coming here was because I had placed an order for it but ended up cancelling it. I'm still thinking about it and I might change my mind if something good happens
Now it is only made to order and I don't even know if Bulletproof is going to get any to stock since last I heard that they were getting them. Who knows, maybe someone else from LA has already placed an order for this but Opak has not said a word.

Pics to follow.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:45 PM

Top latches where the brackets are mounted.

Side brackets

Old 07-28-2005, 09:48 PM

Old 07-28-2005, 09:50 PM

See that silver looking cylinder between the tire and inside fender wall, those are air jacks and are pretty wicked when they lift the car

Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 PM

This is the rear bumper that I want Spoon to produce and release to the public.

Ichi and the mechanic I talked to or shaked heads with

Old 07-28-2005, 09:54 PM

The Legend in the middle about to make its way here to the US to compete at the end of the year in the 25 hour Endurance Race.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its about time you posted this. Slowpoke.

Looks good man. I know some folks were waiting on these pics.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Amazing pictures! That DOME TOP is fiberglass correct?

haha...look at the accord in the last picture...he's sporting a black widow rear bumper...thats en hilarious!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:05 PM

It looked like it was FRP to me when I did see it and what my friend told me when he was there last year. Don't know if the real thing will be a CF or FRP? Should have tracked Ichi down and harrased him.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spacecowboy,Jul 28 2005, 10:05 PM
It looked like it was FRP to me when I did see it and what my friend told me when he was there last year. Don't know if the real thing will be a CF or FRP? Should have tracked Ichi down and harrased him.
haha...you should have! Spend some time in jail for the harassment...that means more time in japan.

Quick Reply: Spoons Dome HT