JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Who is your favorite JDM tuner?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benihana,Oct 15 2009, 10:14 PM
AMUGASM!
It's like orgasm, but costs a lot more money
Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto2,Oct 15 2009, 05:30 PM
Yes! I totally agree with you, and I actually failed to mention that I love them for the fact that they do amazing builds and have an infamous racing heritage. Thanks for the compliment btw! Your S(s) are amazing and that Mugen powered open wheel is out of this world. I would love to drive that thing.

-Colin
thanks. The F3 is for sale if you're interested
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite has to be Spoon, but Mugen is starting to grow on me. So much spoon on my previous car.

Just bought my first Mugen part last night.... License plate bolts! And plan on either getting a mugen or oem hardtop in January... so tough to decide......
Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM

So many faves. But if I had to pick 1, I guess I'd go with Tracy Sports. Even before recent releases like that unbelievable widebody, they were THE shop behind so many cars. When everyone was drooling over the C-West time attack car, they were drooling over Tracy Sports. (but J's Racing is a close second)
Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always been partial to Power House Amuse. I've owned several exhaust from them and each one was amazing in the quality of production. Their widebody kit currently on my s2000 is also a work of art, and just seeing how its pieced together with each part having a specific function is somewhat amazing.

I also love ASM, as well as several other JDM companies.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:33 PM

tuners in japan i think my personal favorite would be HKS's technical factories or dealerships in Kyushi and Kansai. These HKS affiliates produce their own parts like strut bars, aerokits, intakes, and turbo kits using both their own and in combination with existing HKS product. And for me specifically, the HKS Kansai affiliate will always have a big place in my heart as there 1994 S14 silvia is what got me into cars and to purchase my own 1995 240sx. I still remember it in an advan ad from a option or revspeed from the mid 90's. I do wish they produced product for the s2000, but alas mostly for nissans and mitsubishi evo's they've made product or build tuner cars.

The honda tuners/ shops i like personally is Backyard special (BYS) and Feel's Honda Twin Cam while neither are big s2000 parts makers, they have cut their teeth in the honda market for as long as i can remember, and since the early 90's their products have slowly but surely been some of the original JDM products for honda i saw in the united states.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tracy sports

c-west and hks are a close 2nd... and 3rd.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Throughout the years I have been surrounded by heavy influences from my west coast friends and few from the east coast in the mentaility I have now. With that said, few of the major companies that I have a total respect for include Spoon, Mugen, Tomei, Blitz, TODA, Top Secret, and JUN. I was heavily influenced by Mugen in the earlier years and have been biased towards them even till now.

I have made many mistakes when putting together my car. Being that some choices were made over and over. Mistakes that could have been avoided from the beginning if things went by heart and knowledge and not by trial and error - This could have saved me a ton of money, but whats done is done and we must correct our mistakes and let the past wear off. Over the course of the winter I hope to shed light and to support Colin's thread over the hype on JDM Parts here in this section.

Today, I would have to say Mugen is still on the top of my list as well as Tomei.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am a j's racing fanatic! i love their quality of work, and craftsman ship. i love all the togue races, and still watch them a couple times a week. and i personally think their new widebody is the coolest out right now. im going to tokyo tomorrow for two weeks, and i hope to visit their site

i also love amuse, ever since the gt1 came out, ive been in love
Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Man, I would be in JDM heaven if I had the chance to travel to Japan! The tuners, and the culture intrigue me. I hope that one day I'll have the opportunity.

Quick Reply: Who is your favorite JDM tuner?